Stocking my 35.2

pauldio1482

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I’m new to saltwater. And to this site. I have a question reguarding stocking a 35.2 gallon waterbox it’s cycled and I added 3 red leg hermit crabs 3 blue leg hermit crabs 2 turbo snails and one black comb tooth blenny. And I have 1 royal gramma in a quarantine tank. I only add as far as fish. 1 every 2 weeks into my quarantine tank 20 gal but all the above with the exception of the gramma are in my waterbox. Now with that being said I have my sites on adding last 2 clown fish. 1 watchmen gobby and a six line wrasse. Do you guys think I could pull that off? Until I set up my 60 gallon breeder? Please let me know. And if not I am open to suggestions. HELP!

image.jpg

OP
OP
P

pauldio1482

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably skip on the 6 line for now as they are HYPER aggressive!
Hello. Yea I heard mixed info on them upon more research. I have a royal gramma. So far all he does is hide. He was eating when they fed him.just before I bought him I ask them lfs.anyways you know of any online vendors that quarantine before they ship? Right now I’m looking at tsm seems pretty good?

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I would add 4 fishes at once, your tank doesn't have much rock and no hiding space at all, if there's any aggression, a fish has no where to hide.

I would stick with your plan of adding one at a time, or else add some more rock. For biofiltration purpose anyways, you should have about 30 lbs of rock. (50-60 lbs in the 60 gallon)

OP
OP
P

pauldio1482

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I would add 4 fishes at once, your tank doesn't have much rock and no hiding space at all, if there's any aggression, a fish has no where to hide.

I would stick with your plan of adding one at a time, or else add some more rock. For biofiltration purpose anyways, you should have about 30 lbs of rock. (50-60 lbs in the 60 gallon)

OP
OP
P

pauldio1482

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your reply. I may miss spoke 1 at a time in a 20 gallon quarantine. Then into my 35.2 waterbox and down the road a bit then a 60 gallon. But reguardless I agree with what you said. 1 at a time .

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back