T5 reflectors

Benz912jmp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have searched everywhere on this site and others and can not find a reflector for my T5 fixtures. I bought them at Home Depot and have attached them below. The T5s are so closely mounted none of the current reflectors I have found would work. I have seen many people posting that they have used this fixture in the past and wanted to see if anyone could help me find out what reflectors they used or might work with this light.
Even if the solution is to buy 2 (one per 2 bulbs) that made for a larger light like a t8 or t12 would work but I have not had much luck and didn’t want to purchase a reflector and try to return it if someone knew of a reflector that would work. I will post a picture of my lights so you can see how close they are to one another 2.3” is the width of the unit if that gives you a better idea.

Any help is much appreciated!!!!!!

9ed675cdc8fa814643d3df807b57a7e0.jpg

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lithoni...rip-Light-ZR-2-54T5HO-MVOLT-GEB10PS/203137160

OP
OP
B

Benz912jmp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They might I can’t hook them to the bulb I would have to screw it to the fixture. But it would almost be touching the bulb. Do you think that would still work having little to no clearance the bulbs would be at 2.3” and the reflector only being 2.5”?

Fishy McFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen people line the inside of their canopy with really thin black acrylic which helps reflect and disperse the light

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mylar is a very reflective material and also pliable enough to shape or stick to anything. Very cheap and incredibly reflective >97%

OP
OP
B

Benz912jmp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all I ended up ordering the Sun Blaster NanoTech T5 Reflector 48”. They are touching on both the right and left T5 bulbs but they have been running a week now and no smell of burning plastic or any signs of warping. I did notice there is about 1/3-1/2 of the build showing from the bottom of the reflector... I have never ran T5’s so did not know if that is normal or not. Thanks for the help and please let me know if you think I need to add some Mylar to cover more of the bulb. (Thanks for that idea ZaneTer!)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back