T5 supplementation to 18K LEDs advice needed

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
2,088
Reaction score
241
Location
Fort Myers, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I have Reeffiltration's 120w 18K LED fixture over my 40Br. Things are great, but lately I am finding the light just a bit too blue. I have the parts for 2 x 39w T5's.. so now I just need the bulbs. I am now thinking of making a high noon type lighting going from about 12-3pm (Once acclimated). I am stuck at three choices and would love to hear your opinions.

- Giesmann Midday (6K)

- UVL Aquasun (10K)

- ATI's Aquablue Special

I am giving more serious thought to the top two choices, as an enhancer for the yellows and reds. Any thoughts?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new