T5HO vs LED, which is "thriving" and cost effective?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MAN-O-WAR
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MAN-O-WAR

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
Messages
107
Reaction score
22
Location
School Of Hard Knocks
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was sold a Current Marine Pro LED 52 watt (438$)! Set up, 65gal 36x24x18. I was told I could put anything in the tank?! This is not the case! All of you hardcore reefers let me know please, which lighting would be the most " thriving " for this set up. Where I could put anything in the tank! I will leave a pic! I appreciate everyone's advice and opinions! image.jpeg
 
t5s or the correct LED fixture would work. Looking into radions, reefbreeders, razor, some of the name brand ones.
 
That is true, you can't grow "everything" with that fixture
But you can grow most everything.
Lighting is a heavy topic.
What do you want to grow?
 
I use LEDs and T5s. I have a AL XS LED light but I had issues with shadowing. I've added a 4 bulb AL with ATI bulbs to cut out shadowing.
 
That is true, you can't grow "everything" with that fixture
But you can grow most everything.
Lighting is a heavy topic.
What do you want to grow?
i really want to be able to grow anything, I really want a clam... I'm confused, I still don't know what lighting to purchase...
 
I use LEDs and T5s. I have a AL XS LED light but I had issues with shadowing. I've added a 4 bulb AL with ATI bulbs to cut out shadowing.
Salty, in this 65gal what would be the cost of the lighting your speaking of? Do I have to change lights every 6 months? Thank you
 
i really want to be able to grow anything, I really want a clam... I'm confused, I still don't know what lighting to purchase...
If you want to grow anything..

Orphek Atlantik :-)
 
Salty, in this 65gal what would be the cost of the lighting your speaking of? Do I have to change lights every 6 months? Thank you
I'm sorry, a lot people are going with LED/T5 hybrid systems. It's a combination of LEDs and T5s. For what your going to do, I would add something like a 4 bulb T5 lighting system along with your LEDs. It should give you enough light for what you want in your tank. The only thing you'll have to replace are T5 bulbs. I believe they are rated @ 3500~3800 hrs. If you want to go with a system where you don't have to replace any bulbs, then the systems previously mentioned are great systems. Hope that is less confusing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new