Tag me back in... Peninsula Build Time

Boostable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here goes nothing, after selling the old house, moving and taking a three years hiatus from the hobby we have decided to jump back in. This build thread will be slow as many are, but I figured it was worth documenting along the way. It won't be to serious and more then likely not always on point, lol. Stay tuned...

OP
OP
Boostable

Boostable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, where to begin. Been renovating the new (old house) what seems like forever, but finally coming to a conclusion and the entryway just needed something. A peninsula tank would look great in that spot! So the search began....

Having had a couple of custom tanks before including a Peninsula 350 and a built in Reef Savvy as my last tank I thought I would go down that path again. Look at having one built from RS, C2C, local, etc. I have always admired the RedSea Reefers and my buddy has a Reefer 650 so I figured i would look at those as well. Visited all the local establishments to see what was out there, what has changed in the last few years. (a ton) and put my hand on a couple tanks.

Saw a couple nice ones for sure..

IMG_8840[1].JPG
IMG_8841[1].JPG

OP
OP
Boostable

Boostable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the end after looking around doing my research and measuring my space I narrowed it down to two tanks a Redsea 650 and a Waterbox 6025. I wanted to stay around 60" give or take as to not over crowd the space we had available.

Layout Top.jpg
Layout Front.jpg

OP
OP
Boostable

Boostable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted an ISO thread on a couple of forums and local groups including R2R to see what if anything was available before pulling the trigger on a new system. Low and behold I got contacted by Waterbox that they had a 7225 Peninsula that was going to be available and if I was interested. It was in there corporate office in Longood, FL which is just down the road from me... Perfect!

They sent me some info on the tank setup and some of you who watch the Waterbox Videos and participate in the weekly live events has surely seen this tank featured in these episodes. It was originally the Eel Island tank and in a later episode converted to fresh water setup.
Eel Island.jpg

IMG_8911.JPG

IMG_8913.JPG

I went and checked out the tank and was immediately all in. The price was to good to pass up and was pretty much turn key minus a skimmer. A buddy of mine is into FW so I made him a deal (help me move it and all the FW stuff was yours). He might still be regretting that decision as this tank is HEAVY!!!!! Just the two of us moved it and I will never do that again. Good god....

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh man what an epic find. I have the RS 650P that I am setting up beautiful tank for sure but the way it worked out for me I had to go RS but i would have went with WB if I was to do it again.

peninsula tanks are the best hands down.
I was just wondering about that tank the other day. I bet you got a great deal...lucky.

yeah 2 guys moving that...not so good.

OP
OP
Boostable

Boostable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh man what an epic find. I have the RS 650P that I am setting up beautiful tank for sure but the way it worked out for me I had to go RS but i would have went with WB if I was to do it again.

peninsula tanks are the best hands down.
I was just wondering about that tank the other day. I bet you got a great deal...lucky.

yeah 2 guys moving that...not so good.

Yes, I can't complain at all, WB really took care of me on the setup. It's a perfect fit for the spot we had available. Still lots of work to do and time to put in. This all coincides with a remodel we are doing as well. Maybe I will through in some pics of that as well.

OP
OP
Boostable

Boostable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In preparation for the move I had to complete a few remodel items (demo, sanding, paint) to limit the exposure to the tank from all the dust, debris and contaminants. The primary driving factor of the tank location was the remodel of the kitchen, dining and entry area to the house and the tank would be a divider to give some definition to the entry while not taking away from the view overall. Here are a few pics of the project as we went though it.

Before...
IMG_8806.JPG

Progress
IMG_8830.JPG

Break time... Anyone know what this is?
IMG_8833.JPG

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh home remodle and tank I know all about that. check out my build thread for all the work I did on my house. ended up being way WAY WAY more work then we started off but now we love our house.

after all the reno tho still wished I would have changed things with the tank and made it easier to add the basement sump.

OP
OP
Boostable

Boostable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The plan here was to tear the wall down, move appliance, new flooring, redo the fireplace and mantle, build a big island and hey why not add a big fish tank while we are at it.. and have it all done to host Thanks Giving in 84 days... and go! LOL

Wall down, cabinets being build for island.
IMG_8882.JPG

Flooring going down before island gets set.
IMG_8901.JPG

Island going together.
IMG_8915.JPG

and finally the tank gets to come home and get put in place....
IMG_8980.JPG

IMG_8981.JPG

And now its really break time.....
AFIM2316.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boostable

Boostable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh home remodle and tank I know all about that. check out my build thread for all the work I did on my house. ended up being way WAY WAY more work then we started off but now we love our house.

after all the reno tho still wished I would have changed things with the tank and made it easier to add the basement sump.

I will definitely check out the build thread. Its amazing what we will go through to put a tank in place, lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back