Tahitian Maxima Clam Success & Failure

RicordeaQueen

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2018
Messages
51
Reaction score
35
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!


I'm doing some research, I have heard from many hobbyists that they can't seem to keep Tahitian maxima clams alive past one year in their tanks.

If you have kept any Tahitian maxima clams please answer the following questions for me:


How long has it been alive in your tank?

Did you place the clam on the sandbed or live rock?

Was it under high light?

Was it a small (2.5" or less) or large (4 - 6") clam?

Do you do any supplemental feeding (marine snow, phyto/marine plankton) ?

If your clams died, did they die suddenly or gradually stopped opening?

P7290046.jpg
 
Also phosphate and nitrate levels?

How long was your aquarium established prior to adding clams?
 
This is a great topic.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new