Tailspot AND Lawnmower in same tank?

BigMikeFlipz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2022
Messages
215
Reaction score
183
Location
Franklin
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read some off/on about having certain blennies mixed in the same tank is a bad idea, but curious if a lawnmower would be compatible with a tailspot? I've had the tailspot for a while, and have wanted a lawnmower too. Current tank size is 30gallons. If it is simply a space issue, and If that size is an issue what size tank would you suggest before mixing these two.
 
I did this, the lawnmower beat on the tailspot pretty bad. I have seen people that have multiple of the same blenny in the same tank but I have no experience there.
 
I've read some off/on about having certain blennies mixed in the same tank is a bad idea, but curious if a lawnmower would be compatible with a tailspot? I've had the tailspot for a while, and have wanted a lawnmower too. Current tank size is 30gallons. If it is simply a space issue, and If that size is an issue what size tank would you suggest before mixing these two.

I'm blenny obsessed, so I totally get wanting both! I don't have much experience with Lawnmower Blennies specifically, but I am obsessed with a similar blenny, the Starry Blenny. I have a Starry in with a pair of Tailspots and they get along just fine. I had the Tailspots first. Once I added the Starry he would get head bumped for getting too close to the Tailspots' hideaway, but that's it. All three are now full grown and have been together for almost 3 years.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new