Tailspot blenng

blazedbeef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added a tailspot blenny. He was very active at the fish store and showed no signs of illness or discoloration. I don’t have a QT system although I know I should. I know blennies can get white spots or lines when stressed or at night but mine only has a couple of white spots on it’s face. Could this be ick or some other disease? One side of the blenny is completely fine while the other has a few white spots on its face and side. He never competed for food but he still eats when it floats to his section of the tank. If anyone could let me know if my fish is sick and suggest a treatment I’d greatly appreciate it!! Here are a few pics
732B277E-B27C-49F3-AF67-1DD9B94F0C9B.jpeg
01713DFC-297C-43FA-BCAC-733ADF3FA2DD.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I recently added a tailspot blenny. He was very active at the fish store and showed no signs of illness or discoloration. I don’t have a QT system although I know I should. I know blennies can get white spots or lines when stressed or at night but mine only has a couple of white spots on it’s face. Could this be ick or some other disease? One side of the blenny is completely fine while the other has a few white spots on its face and side. He never competed for food but he still eats when it floats to his section of the tank. If anyone could let me know if my fish is sick and suggest a treatment I’d greatly appreciate it!! Here are a few pics
732B277E-B27C-49F3-AF67-1DD9B94F0C9B.jpeg
01713DFC-297C-43FA-BCAC-733ADF3FA2DD.jpeg
Good news is lymphocystis and is viral
It happens when fish is subject to poor water quality and/or diet
It can be poor water from store and not yours
Assure water quality mainly-‘ammonia-nitrate-phosphate-ph-salinity is satisfactory
WHAT test kits are you using

This fish is a herbivore and requires foods such as LRS reef frenzy, spirulina brine shrimp, Hikari veggie diet, Hikari marine cuisine, mysis shrimp

OP
OP
B

blazedbeef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news is lymphocystis and is viral
It happens when fish is subject to poor water quality and/or diet
It can be poor water from store and not yours
Assure water quality mainly-‘ammonia-nitrate-phosphate-ph-salinity is satisfactory
WHAT test kits are you using

This fish is a herbivore and requires foods such as LRS reef frenzy, spirulina brine shrimp, Hikari veggie diet, Hikari marine cuisine, mysis shrimp
Thanks for the input! I don’t believe it’s my water I regularly test with Hanna phosphate Nyos nitrate and I have my LFS test my water occasionally. I’ve been feeding brine shrimp and he has a hair algae spot to chomp on. Do you have any suggestions on how to cure the fish?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back