Taking Pictures of my Reef

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best method of taking pictures of my reef tank?

Everytime I take pictures they come out making my water look really blue and cloudy and my tank is not either.
Am I going to have to buy some $1000 camera just to show off my tank???

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a Canon Power Shot SX260 HS think it cost $225. I keep the AWB on Auto and set the ISO to 800 and get great shots and my color looks just as it does in person.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best method of taking pictures of my reef tank?

Everytime I take pictures they come out making my water look really blue and cloudy and my tank is not either.
Am I going to have to buy some $1000 camera just to show off my tank???

Post up some photos, along with the camera and camera settings that you're using. Along with those photos and information, give us some details about what you DON'T like about the photos. From there, we can give you all kinds of advice!

OP
OP
Snookin

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an old thread I started....but I really can not get a good shot of my tank.
what2.jpg

Here's a picture I just took with a Fujifilm camera, set on manual, no flash and it comes out way to blue and my corals look washed out.
In person it looks completely different, and I used all setting and this was the best pic I could get.

What hints/tips do you have for me. I know nothing about photography....

Rickbr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All in all in looks like a great shot. If at all possible with your camera, I would try to adjust your white balance. I know on alot of the new point and shoots they have pretty limited adjustments. If there is a way to
have your camera manually measure white balance would try that. what type of lighting do you have? A

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All in all in looks like a great shot. If at all possible with your camera, I would try to adjust your white balance. I know on alot of the new point and shoots they have pretty limited adjustments. If there is a way to
have your camera manually measure white balance would try that. what type of lighting do you have? A

Welcome to R2R Rick!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Honestly the best thing to do is read and PRACTICE! Post processing also helps. Have you looked through the stickies in the photography forum? Good stuff there!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 63 46.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back