Talk about weird! What is the strangest thing that has happened to you in the hobby?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some time or another in the hobby, we have something happen and think, that was weird. Maybe it is an equipment acting weird for no reason, fish being weird, or something else crazy that happens. I am wondering what is the strangest thing that has happened to you while in this hobby?

Someguyfromsc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a clownfish I lost in an overflow for almost a year . The corner overflow he was in was against the wall and the bulkhead started leaking some from that side which led to his discovery.

ReeferHD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my tigertail cucumber went through my overflow and then down the emergency drain, causing it to clog and made quite a loud sound. woke me up in the middle of the night and i ended up taking the plumbing apart, i was quite impressed to see him when i took apart the diaphram (he is still alive and well)

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Puffy bit my hand accidentally while feeding him once. I didn't realize he latched on and got flung out of the tank when I yanked my hand out in a panic. He blew up with air. Luckily both Puffy and my finger were not seriously injured. :grinning-face-with-sweat:
IMG_20201018_161410692.jpg

Ariellemcc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My long tentacle anemone attached to my canister filter intake. I ended up having to cut him off because he wouldn’t release.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost my chalk bass in the 20g nano. Did not see it for a few days and thought it was dead. Next morning it was under a powerhead in my 45. The angle is crazy as it jumped from the nano to the 45. Smart or real lucky, lol.
20221126_092210.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 73.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back