Tall aquarium flow help

brayden2980

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I wanted to run by my plan for adding flow to my large aquarium. It’s about 3 foot tall by 4 feet wide with returns at both the left and right and a rock wall covering the entire back. I want to add two gyre 330s, one on the middle left pointing up and one on the top right pointing down. This is to create a circle flow that should be pretty even over the entire rock structure and throughout the tank. And then two cheaper hygger wave makers pointing at eachother on the bottom behind the rocks set at random to ensure there’s no detritus and maybe make the corals grow in more directions with flow pushing out of the rocks. I was also considering adding a powerhead on the top left pointing towards the middle set at random for sps. Here’s a rough picture. The two top most arrows are for the returns skimming along the top

F86CE20C-0F3B-4B36-A190-09DF591DAA2F.png

OP
OP
brayden2980

brayden2980

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I wanted to run by my plan for adding flow to my large aquarium. It’s about 3 foot tall by 4 feet wide with returns at both the left and right and a rock wall covering the entire back. I want to add two gyre 330s, one on the middle left pointing up and one on the top right pointing down. This is to create a circle flow that should be pretty even over the entire rock structure and throughout the tank. And then two cheaper hygger wave makers pointing at eachother on the bottom behind the rocks set at random to ensure there’s no detritus and maybe make the corals grow in more directions with flow pushing out of the rocks. I was also considering adding a powerhead on the top left pointing towards the middle set at random for sps. Here’s a rough picture. The two top most arrows are for the returns skimming along the top

F86CE20C-0F3B-4B36-A190-09DF591DAA2F.png
Any thoughts or suggestions would be very helpful

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back