Tampa Bay Saltwater live rock

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TBS has amazing rocks! Just be on the look out for gorilla crabs, there'll be many of them and I was still catching them months later. Still TBS rocks are worth it, look at all that life that came on the rocks.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a dream of TBS rock. even saved up for it. Then my dog got very sick, liver failure and I used all my TBS money to save her butt. good thing I love that dog. She is worth but I remind her every now and then that I chose her over TBS rock.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good job Nuvo! Beautiful rock & full of fresh,live sea life & bacteria . Sure You get crabs & such but they can be dealt with.
Real good choice Man !

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I just checked their site and cha-Ching!! $$$$ hahahahahahaha my wife would kill me.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They haven't changed their packaging a bit since I bought from them 6 years ago. If anything the rock looks even better!

I had lots of hitch hikers of both the good and bad variety. I had 7 rock boring urchins that I kept for about a year or so. They got so big I sold them to my LFS. I did have a few gorilla crabs but also had a porcelain crab. Barnacles, feather dusters, sponges of every color were plentiful!

Keep us updated of all the cool stuff you find on it and even the bad stuff. That was actually fun too, in a way.

OP
OP
N

NuvoMicro30L

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually haven’t seen one crab. I was hoping a porcelain crab would have hitched a ride. Definitely lots of barnacles, feather dusters, and sponges.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I just checked their site and cha-Ching!! $$$$ hahahahahahaha my wife would kill me.
yes it's pricey but his rocks are farmed in the ocean and he scuba dives to pick and fulfill each order. It's also the shipping, have to air freight it. Think a group buy would be a smart way to split the shipping cost. However there's no comparison when compared to cultured "live" rocks from lfs. Absolutely amazing amount of life on each TBS rock.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually haven’t seen one crab. I was hoping a porcelain crab would have hitched a ride. Definitely lots of barnacles, feather dusters, and sponges.
I'm sure they're in there, mine had tons of barnacles and porcelain crabs and even after 2 yrs still have many crabs living in my tank. Unfortunately the pistol shrimp hitchhikers wiped out all the barnacles and many of the crabs... :(

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes it's pricey but his rocks are farmed in the ocean and he scuba dives to pick and fulfill each order. It's also the shipping, have to air freight it. Think a group buy would be a smart way to split the shipping cost. However there's no comparison when compared to cultured "live" rocks from lfs. Absolutely amazing amount of life on each TBS rock.

I went back on his site and realized I was looking at the “package “ prices. Good for me I saw that he sells by the pound and I can pick up there (I’m in Orlando) so this might be in my future.

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orlando is easy....fed ex to your door for about .50 a pound....only in Florida though....

This is pretty awesome. But, if I lived in Orlando, I would still probably drive over and pick up...

OP
OP
N

NuvoMicro30L

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7B5BA535-908F-4A36-8AEB-36BB0565E878.jpeg

Back