3 month update on new reef tank

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I just wanted to share an update on my Tampa Bay Saltwater tank setup. 75 gallon tank used 100.00. it included tank, stand, skimmer, return pump, carbon reactor and pukani rock bleached and cleaned. First layer of sand bed is crushed coral second layer is Tampa Bay Saltwater live sand 20 pounds. The sump is a 40 breeder refugium with ocean direct live sand and 20 pound of Tampa Bay Saltwater live rock. I have not touched the rock in the tank as far as cleaning and coral in the tank almost day 1. I'm a believer in in live rock now and I want this to be able to show the benefits of starting a reef this way.

First video is first set up. Second is Thanksgiving day

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cichlid Dad

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the crushed coral look, I might be adding a bit ! Any issues with it being a detritus trap ?
To early to tell, but i have many hermit crab to eat the leftovers

LiverockRocks

Gulf of Mexico Living Rock Farmers
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello, I just wanted to share an update on my Tampa Bay Saltwater tank setup. 75 gallon tank used 100.00. it included tank, stand, skimmer, return pump, carbon reactor and pukani rock bleached and cleaned. First layer of sand bed is crushed coral second layer is Tampa Bay Saltwater live sand 20 pounds. The sump is a 40 breeder refugium with ocean direct live sand and 20 pound of Tampa Bay Saltwater live rock. I have not touched the rock in the tank as far as cleaning and coral in the tank almost day 1. I'm a believer in in live rock now and I want this to be able to show the benefits of starting a reef this way.

First video is first set up. Second is Thanksgiving day

Beautiful collection you have there!

OP
OP
Cichlid Dad

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful collection you have there!
Thank you very much, I tried many times with dry rock and " live sand". But to have this in three months is due to your rock and sand with out a doubt. I know the hard work it takes to bring us this rock and sand, so thank you again for what you do.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back