Tanaids everywhere??

  • Thread starter Thread starter shcrimps
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

shcrimps

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2023
Messages
643
Reaction score
497
Location
san diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i keep seeing posts of people finding tanaids, i posted a whilllee ago looking for some and eventually found some in my tank that have since vanished unfortunately
however i plan to setup a 1.2g pico tank specifically for micro fauna and the sorts
so i’ll be looking for anyone in the lower states preferably toward west coast willing to ship some if they can get any from their tank &which i’ll pay
i have plenty of micro pink/white chiton and tiny brittle stars i plan on adding along with a scape i made specifically for this tank 7-8 months ago and have been curing in my main display since

(tanaid for reference)
IMG_8153.jpeg
 
I can't help with sourcing any of these at the moment, but I've been considering doing a similar tank when I can with either tanaids or anthuroidean isopods - so here's a bump for the cool idea!
 
I can't help with sourcing any of these at the moment, but I've been considering doing a similar tank when I can with either tanaids or anthuroidean isopods - so here's a bump for the cool idea!
thanks for the bump!
I’ve had this idea for a while & if i keep it low light might be able to have some cool little sponges or something of the sort and just do weekly water changes no problem since it’s so small of a tank
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new