Tang compatibility

btackerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have just gone through a huge ick die off and my lfs said in regards to my tangs he would be able to do an order and house them for a month in a display at his store until my tank is ready and also to be sure if they can coexist. My thoughts are what should I add. Right now I have a vlamingi and stripped Bristol tooth tang in a 400 gallon tank. The tangs I’m thinking about getting are:

Blonde Naso
Desjardin's sailfin
Regal tang
Purple tang or yellow tang, not sure yet
Any other suggestions will be great.

my biggest concern is the naso and vlamingi, I have heard 2 things. 1) the naso is a surgeon tang and the vlamingi is a unicorn tang, even though they are from the same family they are still different. 2) it is the same family so one will survive.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So I have just gone through a huge ick die off and my lfs said in regards to my tangs he would be able to do an order and house them for a month in a display at his store until my tank is ready and also to be sure if they can coexist. My thoughts are what should I add. Right now I have a vlamingi and stripped Bristol tooth tang in a 400 gallon tank. The tangs I’m thinking about getting are:

Blonde Naso
Desjardin's sailfin
Regal tang
Purple tang or yellow tang, not sure yet
Any other suggestions will be great.

my biggest concern is the naso and vlamingi, I have heard 2 things. 1) the naso is a surgeon tang and the vlamingi is a unicorn tang, even though they are from the same family they are still different. 2) it is the same family so one will survive.
I’ve had both with no issues as vlamingi is very peaceful
Add the purple last which will be the most aggressive

Back