Tang has something wrong with it?

NewbieReefer11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have had this Thompson tang for about a year now and he has done great however this morning he had marks on his body. This could just be a disagreement between some fish, but I thought I would ask some experts.

Thanks in Advance

starypotter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll want to post pictures now if you can, with your white lights on if possible so that the experts on here could help you sooner and don't have to ask of it themselves. The more info you can give them the quicker you can get an answer, saves them the time of asking so they could get right to the stuff you're looking for. Good luck with your tang.

OP
OP
NewbieReefer11

NewbieReefer11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tlthis is the marks
20180822_075255.jpeg
20180822_075256.jpeg

OP
OP
NewbieReefer11

NewbieReefer11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry they are so blurry I will try and get better ones this afternoon

starypotter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm far from an expert so I'll help you with a bump here and for sure don't take my word for it, but those marks look white right? I've had a problem that i thought was fish biting before and people said that because they were red marks, so I'd consider the idea that it's maybe not just nippy tangs? Again I don't know so it very well might be that, but it might be helpful to get a leg up on posting your tank parameters and if you've recently added anything to the tank.

OP
OP
NewbieReefer11

NewbieReefer11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm far from an expert so I'll help you with a bump here and for sure don't take my word for it, but those marks look white right? I've had a problem that i thought was fish biting before and people said that because they were red marks, so I'd consider the idea that it's maybe not just nippy tangs? Again I don't know so it very well might be that, but it might be helpful to get a leg up on posting your tank parameters and if you've recently added anything to the tank.
I will test params tonight. The two new additions are Niger Triggerfish tiny baby and like 1 inch volitans lionfish. Although there is a clarkii clownfish in their that is pretty big and he is becoming a bit of a menace. He has a huge mouth that i think could do that.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Looks like bacterial or from scratching.
Melafix comes to my mind for treating this as well as garlic or vitamin supplement in the food you feed

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
If bacterial- yes. Doesnt mean its gone but subsided.
Water change may be in order to eliminate any relation to water quality

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys i just got home and he looks fine now. Is this even possible???

The white spots you are just irritation of the skin or mucus.

I think this was probably from rubbing a rock or maybe from your clownfish based on your description.

Just keep an eye on it and if nothing else shows up then you know that is what it was.

I have an Achilles tang. He gets some spots similar to this when him and my PT rough house. Usually on his underside. It's the case with any dark colored fish basically.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is a scrape from a rock or fight, then you should see improvement in a day or two with nearly full healing in a week. If it is still eating well, then this is very good. If it gets worse, then check back.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 167 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back