Tang not eating, acting weird

So I soaked some mysis in garlic today and it only came out to eat one little piece. Turned the tank lights off and just left the room light on and he came out and ate some more. My guess is the light is scaring it
 
I added a white tail 10 days ago and he didn’t really come to eating nori until just yesterday. Now he devours it. First 4/5 days he was behind rock a lot, and ate algae off the rock and sand all day. Now he is out in the front of the column.

White tails are timid tangs. Give him time to adjust.

Also every fish within the same species even is so different. Some undergo so much stress when caught in the ocean. We have all received fish that just never did well from the moment they arrived in the tank. But I hope your white tail turns around. Truly a stunning fish.
 
I added a white tail 10 days ago and he didn’t really come to eating nori until just yesterday. Now he devours it. First 4/5 days he was behind rock a lot, and ate algae off the rock and sand all day. Now he is out in the front of the column.

White tails are timid tangs. Give him time to adjust.

Also every fish within the same species even is so different. Some undergo so much stress when caught in the ocean. We have all received fish that just never did well from the moment they arrived in the tank. But I hope your white tail turns around. Truly a stunning fish.
He has become best friends with my foxface, following him around and the foxface even let him into his cave and they sleep side by side. Super cool to see, whenever I see the foxface I know the tang is right behind him. He’s doing awesome now!
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new