Tang Price Craziness

So, I looked at the lawnmower blenny, and it looks like a goby (I just got into this hobby so I could be mixing them up or they are the same thing). Anyway, I am planning on getting a Randall's Prawn Goby, So I was wondering if this would work instead of a lawnmower blenny
the prawn goby is a carnivore and will not do the sam job as a lawnmower blenny.
 
the prawn goby is a carnivore and will not do the sam job as a lawnmower blenny.
But will it work if I pair it with a peppermint Shrimp, as the shrimp does the sand bed and the goby protects it as a symbiotic relationship does in the wild. If this doesn't work, could I possibly get a diamond goby and a prawn goby, for the watchmen and then the diamond for the Sandbed?
 
But will it work if I pair it with a peppermint Shrimp, as the shrimp does the sand bed and the goby protects it as a symbiotic relationship does in the wild. If this doesn't work, could I possibly get a diamond goby and a prawn goby, for the watchmen and then the diamond for the Sandbed?
I'm not sure what problem you're trying to solve anymore.

Initially it was a tang for algae. Sandsifters are great, but its still not a substitute for a tang or lawnmower blenny IMO.
 
sexy los angeles GIF by CBS


CALLING ALL CARS
 
But will it work if I pair it with a peppermint Shrimp, as the shrimp does the sand bed and the goby protects it as a symbiotic relationship does in the wild. If this doesn't work, could I possibly get a diamond goby and a prawn goby, for the watchmen and then the diamond for the Sandbed?

they don't pair with peppermint shrimp, they pair with some pistol shrimp like a candy cane or tiger pistol.

Diamonds don't always do well in captivity in small tanks either, they also make a mess and sometimes bury corals... they need a tight fitting lid with zero gaps and grow to a good size.

In that size tank, I would just clean the sand myself.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new