Tang vacation home

Gzfrank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pondering sending my yellow tang to a larger tank as my display currently has ich. I’ve been great about qt’ing everything but I let a handful of snails and crabs go straight in my display. Sure enough, ich showed up several days later. I currently have my qt tank and a brute trash can housing all my fish until 76 days pass in the main display. I feel bad for the tang as he’s a really active swimmer being trapped in a brute trash can. Anyone trustworthy enough to house and care for him/her until around Jan 1st?

The tang is fully grown and fully Qt’d again. 21 days of Cooper and 7 days of PraziPro.

wadesims2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pondering sending my yellow tang to a larger tank as my display currently has ich. I’ve been great about qt’ing everything but I let a handful of snails and crabs go straight in my display. Sure enough, ich showed up several days later. I currently have my qt tank and a brute trash can housing all my fish until 76 days pass in the main display. I feel bad for the tang as he’s a really active swimmer being trapped in a brute trash can. Anyone trustworthy enough to house and care for him/her until around Jan 1st?

The tang is fully grown and fully Qt’d again. 21 days of Cooper and 7 days of PraziPro.
The problem is is that we wouldn’t be able to get him back out of our tanks or I would offer

wadesims2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But you’re right to worry a fish that size may not live till January in the trashcan you could however get a much larger container from tractor supply they have 150 and 225 gallon Rubbermaid stocked pond

OP
OP
Gzfrank

Gzfrank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up another tank or tub isn’t feasible at this moment. Rehoming him may be the best option for him. What’s best for the tang trumps my wants and needs. He hasn’t been himself the last few weeks. Probably do to the stress of the meds and smaller environment.

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like Wade said, if I release it into one of my tanks I'd have to drain it to get it back out. Would you like to trade it for SPS frags? See my website for availability: www.harrysfrags.com.

OP
OP
Gzfrank

Gzfrank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pm’d both of you as options.

Thrashed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like your best bet would be a LFS until you get your tank back right. That way he will be easy enough to get back out.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back