Tangs fighting please help

Elrond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got major issue here, I had a juvenile yellow tang in my 300 gallon community tank and I added a purple tang the exact same size as him also a juvenile and the yellow will not stop attacking him. The yellow is by far taking the worst of it he's all cut up on his sides but won't back off, I tried rearranging all the rocks and didn't stop the aggression. They are in with some angels, a queen and emperor and other tangs a powder blue, clown, blue, sailfin and a fox face and puffer. No other aggression really, the clown and powder blue fight a little. It's been about four days, will they eventually work it out? Both are still eating. Any advice appreciated

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This article has a bunch of suggestions that may help (moving the rockwork is one; the mirror trick that is commonly suggested is another):

Ocean_Queenie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got major issue here, I had a juvenile yellow tang in my 300 gallon community tank and I added a purple tang the exact same size as him also a juvenile and the yellow will not stop attacking him. The yellow is by far taking the worst of it he's all cut up on his sides but won't back off, I tried rearranging all the rocks and didn't stop the aggression. They are in with some angels, a queen and emperor and other tangs a powder blue, clown, blue, sailfin and a fox face and puffer. No other aggression really, the clown and powder blue fight a little. It's been about four days, will they eventually work it out? Both are still eating. Any advice appreciated
The mirror worked for my tank

Ocean_Queenie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The yellow has established its territory, those 2 should be removed to a QT. Later reintroduced (2-3 weeks at least) at the same time, these are basically the same fish, zebrasomas

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back