Tangs in QT picking on each other!

paxton.rock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea Sailfin Tang and a two spot bristle tooth tang in medicated (copper power) QT since last night at 2.0ppm. water change was done just before they were introduced.

The sailfin was going to town on the food the moment I put him in. I have seen the bristletooth peck at the glass around he edges but he has not eaten in any of my feedings.

As I was just observing them, I noticed them picking on each other for a quick moment. It seems as if the bristletooth gets intimidated when the sailfin is around.

Is this causing him to not eat?

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea Sailfin Tang and a two spot bristle tooth tang in medicated (copper power) QT since last night at 2.0ppm. water change was done just before they were introduced.

The sailfin was going to town on the food the moment I put him in. I have seen the bristletooth peck at the glass around he edges but he has not eaten in any of my feedings.

As I was just observing them, I noticed them picking on each other for a quick moment. It seems as if the bristletooth gets intimidated when the sailfin is around.

Is this causing him to not eat?

How big is the QT tan? You may not be providing enough room for them to stay out of each others way.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20 gallon long. I know it’s a bit small, but the fish are SMALL

I believe that is your problem, even though they are small. I would suggest using egg crate and separate them.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back