Tank birthday, 47+ years

Chasmodes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lights are already SteamPunk. I am very busy building SteamPunk stuff for the house. I already built three of the lights and I have one lamp already made from aan old crank phone. I am also building a SteamPunk, Industrial bed. Very cool. I have huge steel wheels so far.
Pics!!!!! :p:confused:;Happy

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes,,,And remove any tree stumps also,,,,,,YES,,,,,and YES,,,
.... How can I remove the tree stumps without the tree stump remover.

The barren sand two inches down seems odd to me. Just from looking at the sides of the glass it looks like there are little tracks from worms and such. I assume there are other bugs moving around in there.

Cheers, Tony

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Near the glass there is because the smooth glass allows an easier path next to the sand grains. Most of the rest of it, forgetaboutit that's why I have an undergravel filter.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do all the bristle worms go if not in the sand?

They do go in the sand, but they can't go to deep because there is no oxygen there. They also hide under the rocks and in tiny cracks in the rocks.

The rest go to Bayonne New Jersey. :confused:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday we had a house guest overnight. One of my wife's friends that she knows all her life. We also invited 2other people and I made a fantastic meal of stuffed calamari, Cippilini (Italian onions pronounced Choopalines)
Grilled eggplant (sliced as thin as potato chips with a garlic balsamic reduction) risotto and a big pot of Manhattan Clam Chowder. (my specialty) with fresh clams and some great breads and wines.
To make this about my tank, my fish got some extra clam and squid pieces, but not much. They were still hungry so I let them eat cake. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have so many whiteworms I don't know what to do with all of them. They really seem to like grain bread much better than regular whole wheat or rye. I got 1,675,327 worms and thats just the adults. I have twice that many youngsters and I have no idea how many babies. My mandarin thinks he died and went to fish heaven. And I accidentally dropped some in my container with about 200 asternia stars and they are still alive 4 days later.
I am not sure how long they live in seawater but maybe they live forever.
We had our last open house today and got three great offers so it looks like tomorrow we will pick the highest one and sell the house. :D

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the open house/offers! How soon will your new condo be finished? Hopefully in time that you do t have to move twice.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm up for a road trip. Let me know if you need a hand moving stuff.

Thats a long road trip. Maybe if you were like a thousand miles closer I could really use you. :rolleyes:

Did you get you elevator/lift straightened out?

I was just on the phone with them now. It is semi straightened out. But not finalized. Lots of paperwork and dealing with Jiboni's to deal with.:confused:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
500 miles is doable. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So one more person was coming to the house today with a real estate broker to see if they want to buy the place.

So as I am waiting for them my wife and I are doing last minute straightening out although my house is so clean you could do an appendectomy on my floor. Anyway they were arriving any minute.
We have a very nice finished basement here where my tank is, my workshop, the boiler room, wash room etc and I like to show it off.
(I built part of the ceiling with aluminum slats from the World Trade Center because I worked on the construction of it in the 70s.

Anyway, I see the people park outside and they start walking up my walkway. I figured I would go downstairs to put the lights on because the real estate agent always tells me to put all the lights on.
The people ring the bell as I try to go downstairs, I reach for the door knob and it turns, BUT THE DOOR WONT OPEN. OMG!!!!. I yell for my wife to TAKE THEN UPSTAIRS. As they go up the stairs I get a knife and try to open the door.

It won't open. Usually you can push in the striker on a door and it will open. But Nope, It won't budge.....OMG again. I yell up to tell my wife to tell the people about the central vacuum system.
My tools are in my workshop downstairs, and I CANT get downstairs. The knife isn't working. I yell up to tell my wife to EXPLAIN THE BACK DECK TO THEM....
I run outside to my garage to get a big screwdriver, as I come in, I yell for my wife to SHOW THEM THE STORAGE SPACES......AAAAAAHhhhhhhh!!!!!

I hear their footsteps coming down the stairs, My wife ran out of things to show them, my hands are shaking,,,,,I am sweating,,,,,,,OMG,,OMG,, they get to the bottom of the stairs,,,,, and just as they were about to turn their heads in my direction, the door pops open.

I quickly hide the screwdriver behind my back while being careful not to close the door. They go downstairs and OOh and AAH about the fish tank, new boiler, solar panels, and every thing else.

We have lived here almost 40 years, that door never had a problem and I practically live down there. What are the chances a real estate agent would show up at the exact moment the door breaks. I didn't have half a second to spare.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.7%
Back