OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked up UG filters for 125 gallon tanks and they are getting hard to find. I need one for my move and I don't have time to build one. I am sure they still make them, I just need a little more time to search.
I will also get a 125 gallon tank. Initially I will use my water cooled LED lights but I may have to add another string of LEDs to light the thing properly.

My 3 powerheads will be fine at first and I hope to bring all my rocks and corals but I am sure I will lose quite a few corals especially the montiora's because they are so delicate I broke most of them already and thy are laying all over the place. They grow fast so I am not concerned. :cool:

I will also have to make a list of my fish so I don't miss any. Most of them are small and hide all over the place, I may even find some under the UG filter that I haven't seen in years. That would be cool.:D

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last time I lifted my UG filter I found a plastic toy soldier from when I was 8 or so. Some of the gravel has been in there from the 60s. I also find marbles. :rolleyes:

U

User1

View Badges
@Paul B - Thanks for the Possum Wrasse photo. Looking forward to adding one once the new tank migration matures a bit more.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are cool but a little shy.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked up UG filters for 125 gallon tanks and they are getting hard to find. I need one for my move and I don't have time to build one. I am sure they still make them, I just need a little more time to search.
I will also get a 125 gallon tank. Initially I will use my water cooled LED lights but I may have to add another string of LEDs to light the thing properly.

My 3 powerheads will be fine at first and I hope to bring all my rocks and corals but I am sure I will lose quite a few corals especially the montiora's because they are so delicate I broke most of them already and thy are laying all over the place. They grow fast so I am not concerned. :cool:

I will also have to make a list of my fish so I don't miss any. Most of them are small and hide all over the place, I may even find some under the UG filter that I haven't seen in years. That would be cool.:D

*cough, clingfish, cough*

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last time I lifted my UG filter I found a plastic toy soldier from when I was 8 or so. Some of the gravel has been in there from the 60s. I also find marbles. :rolleyes:
Aren't you worried about the Godzilla larvae being freed when you start pulling the old UG filter? :eek:

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If you haven't already, I'd sic your LFS's on that task....one of their suppliers are likely to have stock.

U

User1

View Badges
I'd wager you could make your own but if in need I'd wager a few here could do some searches in parallel or ebay.

Edit: I haven't had a UGF for years but do you have yours cover every inch of the bottom? If not, couldn't you just carry the one you have forward or is it too old/brittle?

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thin I could get one on Amazon. The one I have covers the entire bottom, but it may disintegrate when I remove it. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats weird that it only has 3 places to put tubes. But I will modify it. :rolleyes:

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They really come as one long 72" plate?? How do you get it past the two brace(s) on top of the tank?

Only two/three standpipes makes a little more sense if there's more than one plate.

How many pumps are driving your rfUGF presently?

Back