OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We closed on our old house today and we can stay here for a few weeks. Out new house is finished and we are just waiting for inspections. We should be the first of the month. I will have a couple of weeks to move the tank and put up the lights, and put together the bed. It is coming together. Then I can concentrate more on the elevator. :D

pharazon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We closed on our old house today and we can stay here for a few weeks. Out new house is finished and we are just waiting for inspections. We should be the first of the month. I will have a couple of weeks to move the tank and put up the lights, and put together the bed. It is coming together. Then I can concentrate more on the elevator. :D

Paul,

Congrats on the new place. Ever find yourself in California? I’ve been following your tank for far too long. Let me know if you ever come out west. I’d love to buy you a beer or a seltzer water and shoot the sh.. stuff. Cheers to tank birthdays, new houses, and elevators!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pharazon as a matter of fact we have some friends i California. Some north and some south. I spoke there about five years ago, Sacramento I think.

Dbraun, thanks. :D

Chasmodes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations! Even though it's a lot of work, at least you can feel less stressed because you have more time to move your tank then you might have thought, right?

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I will. Now I have to coordinate everything :D

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to Home Depot for styrofoam to put under my new tank and came out with a gigantic tool box. My wife and Daughter got it for me for Father's day. It's about 5' long and 6' high so I will be able to put most of my tools in it so I don't have to have tool boxes all over the place. They had a few of them, different models and sizes and I wasen't even in the market for one. I got a Husky, they had another one I liked a little better but the Husky was made in American and the other one was from China so that was the end of that. The thing weighs over 300lbs so I will leave it in the boxes and let the moving company take it to the new house in a week or so.

I forgot the styrofoam.

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to Home Depot for styrofoam to put under my new tank and came out with a gigantic tool box. My wife and Daughter got it for me for Father's day. It's about 5' long and 6' high so I will be able to put most of my tools in it so I don't have to have tool boxes all over the place. They had a few of them, different models and sizes and I wasen't even in the market for one. I got a Husky, they had another one I liked a little better but the Husky was made in American and the other one was from China so that was the end of that. The thing weighs over 300lbs so I will leave it in the boxes and let the moving company take it to the new house in a week or so.

I forgot the styrofoam.
I am jealous lol I need a tool box. Good luck on the move. Here is what I used instead of Styrofoam

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0736LXVX2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool. I used rubber on my existing tank and it still looks good. I should have gotten rubber but to late so i will go with what I got. I will also put the styrofoam under the tank when I transport it out there in a rental truck. The time is getting close. I was putting together my Reverse UG filter tubes a little while today and will have to use my existing manifold for a while until I get time to build a new one. Way to much stuff to do before then. Today I also put together a system to pump water into the back of my car from the ocean. I got a bilge pump and took the brass ends off a 50' hose and still need to take apart an extension cord to run the thing from my car. I tested it today for about 10 minutes to make sure the cord doesn't get hot. It gets slightly warm but that is normal and most of it will be under water.
I can back my car up into my garage and pump the seawater into my tank.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This water collection device is all finished. I just back my car up to the Ocean. Any ocean will do. Then I throw the pump in the sea and plug the power plug into my power outlet in the back of my car or use my portable battery jumper. The thing pumps 1,100 gph of seawater into the vats in the back of my car. Then I back the car up to my garage and throw the pump in the vats and pump the water into my tank or buckets. But when I initially fill the 125 gallon tank, I will pump it right into the tank.

RyonFly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This water collection device is all finished. I just back my car up to the Ocean. Any ocean will do. Then I throw the pump in the sea and plug the power plug into my power outlet in the back of my car or use my portable battery jumper. The thing pumps 1,100 gph of seawater into the vats in the back of my car. Then I back the car up to my garage and throw the pump in the vats and pump the water into my tank or buckets. But when I initially fill the 125 gallon tank, I will pump it right into the tank.

I have the same set up Paul, works great.
IMG_20180426_181018.jpeg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that American made?
Of course it's American Made. I am American and I made it.

RyonFly. You have a longer hose than I do but great set up. :p
How long does it take to fill that barrel?

RyonFly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna say it drained a 5 gallon bucket in about a 1 minute. So I think it may have took about 10 to 15 mins to fill my 55gal drum that day.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back