Tank birthday, 47+ years

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw the original date of this post. Are you going to start a "celebrating 57 years" thread? This tank is truly amazing!! Congrats on this achievement. :) I guess I should start reading this thread from the beginning to get the full story.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this morning I took my walk on the beach and so far in the 3+ years I have lived here this was the longest walk I did. It was 3 miles. Remember I am old and have an aluminum knee.

I started my walk and was immediately met by a friend and her spotted baby.

Deer near beach.JPG

They were so close I could have gotten them in a Ricky Nelson. (Google him)

Anyway I went down the 176 steps and started walking east.

The sun was just coming up. It was warm, about 78 degrees which is warm for 6:00am.

Walking to ark.JPG

As I walked, off in the distance I could barely make out a structure near the shore.

I was hesitant to go there because it was getting hot and now the sun started blaring.

Bright sun.JPG

It started to get hotter and I was far from any help, fresh water or an LFS.
I was thirsty even though I was drinking plenty of seawater.

I started hallucinating. "It was good to be out of the rain, in the desert, you can't remember your name for their ain't no one for to give you no pain.
I set free the horse with no name. But I named him first".

I was getting closer to my goal. Just a few hundred yards more.
Cicada's were screaming all around me and fish were jumping. Seagulls were yelling and I know they couldn't wait for me to drop dead of ich or worse, Uronoma and the fact that I was not quarantined or medicated.

Closer, closer until, until, I made it.

Full Ark.JPG

Now I could tell what it was . I am not going to say it was Noah's Ark as that would be just conjecture and I never like to conjecture.

But there were some very strong, albeit inconclusive clues as to what it was.

Close up ark.JPG

I am not sure and I am not saying this definitively, but on the stern, painted with orange acrylic paint were these words that were partially or almost completely missing most likely from being eons old.

SS NO*H'S A*K
REG - Mo*n*t Arr*o**t Tu*key
9,223 BC

Plea*se Wat*h yo*r step
Have a nice day

Last edited:

Bigdaddy05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this morning I took my walk on the beach and so far in the 3+ years I have lived here this was the longest walk I did. It was 3 miles. Remember I am old and have an aluminum knee.

I started my walk and was immediately met by a friend and her spotted baby.

Deer near beach.JPG

They were so close I could have gotten them in a Ricky Nelson. (Google him)

Anyway I went down the 176 steps and started walking east.

The sun was just coming up. It was warm, about 78 degrees which is warm for 6:00am.

Walking to ark.JPG

As I walked, off in the distance I could barely make out a structure near the shore.

I was hesitant to go there because it was getting hot and now the sun started blaring.

Bright sun.JPG

It started to get hotter and I was far from any help, fresh water or an LFS.
I was thirsty even though I was drinking plenty of seawater.

I started hallucinating. "It was good to be out of the rain, in the desert, you can't remember your name for their ain't no one for to give you no pain.
I set free the horse with no name. But I named him first".

I was getting closer to my goal. Just a few hundred yards more.
Cicada's were screaming all around me and fish were jumping. Seagulls were yelling and I know they couldn't wait for me to drop dead of ich or worse, Uronoma and the fact that I was not quarantined or medicated.

Closer, closer until, until, I made it.

Full Ark.JPG

Now I could tell what it was . I am not going to say it was Noah's Ark as that would be just conjecture and I never like to conjecture.

But there were some very strong, albeit inconclusive clues as to what it was.

Close up ark.JPG

I am not sure and I am not saying this definitively, but on the stern, painted with orange acrylic paint were these words that were partially or almost completely missing most likely from being eons old.

SS NOA*H'S A*K
REG - Mo*n*t Arr*o**t Tu*key
9,223 BC

Plea*se Wat*h yo*r step
Have a nice day
Ur too funny I'm sure u could write all kinds of books or better yet be a big time pod caster I'd definitely listen lol!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I now use Chinese LEDs. I have no
Ur too funny I'm sure u could write all kinds of books or better yet be a big time pod caster I'd definitely listen lol!

idea what are the names of my gorgs some of which are very old. :)

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Reefers. Not a very exciting morning so far. I did my walk like I am sure everybody does at 6:00am .

I walked past an impenetrable jungle that gave me flashbacks from Nam :oops:
Dense jungle.JPG

It scared me so much that I started running. I ran so fast that after a short while I smelled something. It smelled like burning aluminum and Home Depot toggle bolts.

I looked down and noticed my knee was on fire!!!!!!!

AAAAAAaaahhhhhhhh

I didn't realize how fast I was going until I looked up to see this warning sign.

Speed sign.JPG

I was able to slow down while making awful screeching sounds as my "New Balance" sneakers left rubber on the road.

Then it was like any other walk. I went through a defunct horse ranch.

Horse farm.JPG

Then started my way back as I enjoyed the sunrise.

Sunrise on Sound ave.JPG

Attachments

• 1628853015238.gif
    1628853015238.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 32
  • 1628853015369.gif
    1628853015369.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 32

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have no idea what are the names of my gorgs some of which are very old. :)
You should ask them what their names are ;Smuggrin

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gertrude, Clyde, Sammy, Alice and Clive. :)

Actually, this one, Alice, I cut today because it was to big and blocking a large hammer coral. I glued it on another rock but soon this stuff will cover my tank and maybe my bedroom. :rolleyes:
This is an old picture and it is twice as big as that now.

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gertrude, Clyde, Sammy, Alice and Clive. :)

Actually, this one, Alice, I cut today because it was to big and blocking a large hammer coral. I glued it on another rock but soon this stuff will cover my tank and maybe my bedroom. :rolleyes:
This is an old picture and it is twice as big as that now.

Make your gorg cover the road to my house so i can cut some

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been making my wife and myself this for about 6 months and It seems to be a wonder "drug".

You take a spoonful of it every morning 15 minutes before you eat. It's supposed to prevent everything. So far, I don't have anything except maybe uronoma and ich so I don't know if it works or not.

I doubt it has anything to do with it because I don't believe in these things. but I don't know. Since doing this I lost 23 lbs (about 6 months) and I didn't change my diet hardly at all. ( I do walk about 2 miles almost every day) I still eat pasta and bread a few times a week with everything else.

I was able to eliminate one of my acid pills and can probably eliminate the other one as well and I don't need a cholesterol pill any more.

Most of my leg pains went away including from my new "aluminum" knee. I am still bald though. :rolleyes:
I have been researching this stuff for a few years. :) I just found this in a minute searching but I knew about garlic and ginger for a long time.
I would give it to my fish but the honey will really screw up my water. :confused:

There are ginger and garlic videos all over YouTube. My wife has MS so I will try anything. I also make her what she calls Jumping Juice" but this is something else.

This stuff is easy to make. I get a big jar. Like a quart or a little less.
I get peeled ginger in Costco. Enough to fill the jar a little more than half way. Don't chop it, just throw it in.

Peel fresh ginger by rubbing off the skin with a spoon. Shread it in either a food processor or use a cheese grater.

Add that to no closer than 2" or 3" from the top. (3 is better) Fill with "local" honey. Not store bought because that is pasteurized so all the enzymes are killed so it is just sugar. I buy almost a quart of it here from a supermarket but I can get it at farm stands. It's $29.00 but it is a big jar and will last me 6 or 8 months.

Don't fill the jar much more than at least 2 1/2 or 3" from the top as it makes pressure.
Every day for about a week loosten the cover for a second to let out the pressure.

Let the thing sit for at least a month and have a teaspoon of it every morning 15 minutes before you eat.

The garlic looses much of it's garlic taste and tastes like pungent ginger. The honey gets watery.
I actually love the stuff.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there Diana. Nice to see you here, or anywhere for that matter.
If you mix that stuff with local honey it tastes really good, sort of like sweetened ginger which I love. :)

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been making my wife and myself this for about 6 months and It seems to be a wonder "drug".

You take a spoonful of it every morning 15 minutes before you eat. It's supposed to prevent everything. So far, I don't have anything except maybe uronoma and ich so I don't know if it works or not.

I doubt it has anything to do with it because I don't believe in these things. but I don't know. Since doing this I lost 23 lbs (about 6 months) and I didn't change my diet hardly at all. ( I do walk about 2 miles almost every day) I still eat pasta and bread a few times a week with everything else.

I was able to eliminate one of my acid pills and can probably eliminate the other one as well and I don't need a cholesterol pill any more.

Most of my leg pains went away including from my new "aluminum" knee. I am still bald though. :rolleyes:
I have been researching this stuff for a few years. :) I just found this in a minute searching but I knew about garlic and ginger for a long time.
I would give it to my fish but the honey will really screw up my water. :confused:

There are ginger and garlic videos all over YouTube. My wife has MS so I will try anything. I also make her what she calls Jumping Juice" but this is something else.

This stuff is easy to make. I get a big jar. Like a quart or a little less.
I get peeled ginger in Costco. Enough to fill the jar a little more than half way. Don't chop it, just throw it in.

Peel fresh ginger by rubbing off the skin with a spoon. Shread it in either a food processor or use a cheese grater.

Add that to no closer than 2" or 3" from the top. (3 is better) Fill with "local" honey. Not store bought because that is pasteurized so all the enzymes are killed so it is just sugar. I buy almost a quart of it here from a supermarket but I can get it at farm stands. It's $29.00 but it is a big jar and will last me 6 or 8 months.

Don't fill the jar much more than at least 2 1/2 or 3" from the top as it makes pressure.
Every day for about a week loosten the cover for a second to let out the pressure.

Let the thing sit for at least a month and have a teaspoon of it every morning 15 minutes before you eat.

The garlic looses much of it's garlic taste and tastes like pungent ginger. The honey gets watery.
I actually love the stuff.

Hi Paul. I have a question. Do you fill the jar a little more than half with ginger or garlic? You said peeled ginger in your thread but I'm thinking you were supposed to say garlic. Thanks

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fill the jar about half way or a little less with whole garlic cloves. Then get fresh ginger that you have to peel, chop or grate, not to fine. It takes a little time to add the honey because it needs to get all the way to the bottom so you need to mix it a little, let it settle and add more.

Don't heat the honey.

The proportions don't matter, but if you fill it to much, you will have honey all over the place. Don't forget to open the jar a crack every day until the pressure doesn't build. About a week.

The honey gets watery. I just took some :p

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back