OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Ruby Red dragonette is very pregnant. The male isn't really interested even though she is a real Babe. If she doesn't lay eggs soon she will be egg bound and die. It seems to be very common in dragonettes and I have lost quite a few of them to that.

Pregnant Ruby Red.JPG

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Merry Xmas to you also Paul ^_^

And that sucks @atoll ,I'm wanting a nem eventually in my tank but stories like yours scares me,sods law always happens at worse time hey,so what you gotta do now ? 100% wc or at least a few big ones before re-stock with fish?

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Merry Xmas to you also Paul ^_^

And that sucks @atoll ,I'm wanting a nem eventually in my tank but stories like yours scares me,sods law always happens at worse time hey,so what you gotta do now ? 100% wc or at least a few big ones before re-stock with fish?
Actually not a lot. I have put carbon in the sump. Last week dosed hydrogen peroxide and will do a couple of small water changes while allowing the tank to recover. I believe ny tank is capable of dealing with it and things are getting better with no more fish loses. Corals they were sulking are slowly recovering after a few new frags stripped.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually not a lot. I have put carbon in the sump. Last week dosed hydrogen peroxide and will do a couple of small water changes while allowing the tank to recover. I believe ny tank is capable of dealing with it and things are getting better with no more fish loses. Corals they were sulking are slowly recovering after a few new frags stripped.
And to think my toadstool got ripped apart 1 day before my holiday in September and I was rushing around to get carbon in tank and did 20% wc pronto ha ha.
But in my defence tank was only 6 months old and wouldn't be there for a week to remedy anything if needed but did concern me that it got ripped off and bits blowing around all over ( kept reading need flow flow flow ) so that's what I did but did to much pffft

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Rybren. Merry Christmas to you and your family. :)

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Fishy. Great New Year for your family too.

I am baking loaves of bread now to bring for the fishy Christmas Eve dinner but we are alone tomorrow being my Son N Law tested positive.

But it is what it is. We will drive the gifts up to their house today then come back for the dinner at a cousins house.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Merry Christmas everyone.

Lets not forget at this time of the year all the kids, including babies who are in the hospital fighting for their life and I pray they make it to enjoy many more Christmases in their future :)

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It definitely is what it is. Hopefully we can get back to a fairly normal time where this will be no different than dealing with the seasonal flu. Blessings to you and your family for the new year!

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A very Merry Christmas y'all. About the only southern I remember now days. Wishing you all a better New Year!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back