Tank birthday, 47+ years

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul here in the UK gas is what powers central heating, cookers and the like. Your gas is our petrol however in your case perhaps the gas was more akin to methane lol.

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Subsea. That was a very nice visit we had. I enjoyed it and hope you did also. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

That leather coral I bought with you is happy and healthy and I never tell my animals that I didn't quarantine or dip them. :astonished-face:

What do you think of the North Fork of Long Island?
I throughly enjoyed meeting your family. The agriculture where you live was the biggest surprise.

After 10 days on the road, I am ready for home.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the next two months, my Steampunk Art is featured at the Free Riverhead library on Long Island NY. If you mention my name, you get in for free. :p

Library 4 (1).JPG

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s awesome!! By the way Paul , the begining of this thread you stated that your tank was turning 47 . Is that tank still up and running , is it glass , did it have extra supports and what kind of glue did they use ???
I finished installing the under table lighting.
under table.JPG

Lights unde table.JPG

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it's 51 now. It is not the original glass. I moved it three times in all those years and each tank got scratched so I changed it.

The longest it stayed in one place was 40 years.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The table is black walnut cut down a few blocks from here. The legs are 4X4 steel welded to a bottom plate. The legs weigh about 200lbs. :(

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the house with it.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came back from my very Manly "run". Very slow run. But anyway I don't want to dwell on that. On my way back, I was running pretty "fast". Actually probably slower than my walking, but off in the distance, on the street I see this squirrel. He was sitting in the street holding a nut and most likely thinking about where he is going to hide this nut so in the spring he would have something to feed his six kids.

I hear this blood curdling SQUAWK.........I look up.......I see this huge eagle. OK I think it was a hawk. Definitely not a pigeon, and it swoops down towards the squirrel.....

The squirrel hears it and looks up........It was to late. I heard the doomed creature SCREAM amidst the loud CAW CAW of the devil bird. :oops:

6 or 7 other crows were on the power lines cheering and it was deafening. I had to put my hands over my ears, (after I put down my sweatshirt, hat, walking stick and phone)

Right now that unfortunate squirrel is being served up as breakfast. :confounded-face:

It brought back memories of that Alfred Hitchcock movie "The Birds".

It also, for some reason brought back a memory of one of my old girlfriends. She was Greek. A real Greek Goddess, Grecian curls and all.
Her Greek name was so long that it had every letter in the alphabet,,,,,Twice. Her last name alone just ended with "Etc." so they didn't have to make up more letters.

Her Mother really used to go out on a dark night and offer up tea leaves to the moon. I think she was praying that I wouldn't marry her Daughter. She eventually dumped me for a guy with a shorter name. :oops:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Atoll, sorry about your Queen. I think she was kind of cool, especially when she was young and helping out the military.

What do you think of your new King or are you afraid they will put you in the torture chamber if you say how you really feel. :anguished-face:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really need to change water one of these days. Yesterday I dropped a spoon in my tank and it stood up. :anguished-face:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went to this little pond across the street to get some floating water plants for my garden terrarium thing and accidentally picked up 2 bullfrog tadpoles. There are so many frogs in that pond that it looks like Kermits home coming party. I will let them go in a couple of hours.
tADPOLES.JPG

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went to this little pond across the street to get some floating water plants for my garden terrarium thing and accidentally picked up 2 bullfrog tadpoles. There are so many frogs in that pond that it looks like Kermits home coming party. I will let them go in a couple of hours.

tADPOLES.JPG

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aw used to love going tad-poling when younger,( pretty sure wasnt bullfrogs though ^_^)every time my dad had leave and went back home to visit family,or if we lived in england if was over 12 used to jump on train from south off country to " up north" where im from and stay at my nans,and,used to spend couple off days at my aunties and if right time for the tadpoles, Me And my 2 cousins used to catch tadpoles and some small fish ( think was called atockle backs )

Just thinking now,when we young,most off us want to get older as fast as we can and now older want be young again ha ha
My body aged and brain slightly wiser but can be a bit off a kid with way I act sometimes ha ha

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back