Tank Build

  • Thread starter Thread starter cactusreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cactusreef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2026
Messages
90
Reaction score
67
Location
california
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. Decided I should finally post my tank. It’s 2 months old. 24 gallon Redsea desktop peninsula.

Recently got over a diatom outbreak and am starting to see coraline show up (very excited). Started with dry rock and other than the obvious ugly phase stuff it is actually not bad. I do 20% water changes every 1-2 weeks. I just switched from LFS water to making my own water and I think that has been an improvement.

My livestock:
2 clowns
1 Pygmy geometric hawkish
1 clown goby
1 Randall’s goby
1 pink streak wrasse
1 pistol shrimp
1 peppermint shrimp
2 red hermit crabs
4 astraea snails
5 trochus snails
2 nessarius snails

Here is my tank the first week of setting it up
20260704_103745_65716692-E06A-44E8-9EF1-5A77711D41CE.png


Here it is today

20260704_103843_4087F3AA-F040-4FD9-9B13-FB74FA9D739F.png


I’m already trying to upgrade but I don’t think my wife will go for it….
I am super excited to be in the hobby and it is quickly becoming an obsession. Feel free to share any tips or point out anything I should change.
 
Hey everyone. Decided I should finally post my tank. It’s 2 months old. 24 gallon Redsea desktop peninsula.

Recently got over a diatom outbreak and am starting to see coraline show up (very excited). Started with dry rock and other than the obvious ugly phase stuff it is actually not bad. I do 20% water changes every 1-2 weeks. I just switched from LFS water to making my own water and I think that has been an improvement.

My livestock:
2 clowns
1 Pygmy geometric hawkish
1 clown goby
1 Randall’s goby
1 pink streak wrasse
1 pistol shrimp
1 peppermint shrimp
2 red hermit crabs
4 astraea snails
5 trochus snails
2 nessarius snails

Here is my tank the first week of setting it up
20260704_103745_65716692-E06A-44E8-9EF1-5A77711D41CE.png


Here it is today

20260704_103843_4087F3AA-F040-4FD9-9B13-FB74FA9D739F.png


I’m already trying to upgrade but I don’t think my wife will go for it….
I am super excited to be in the hobby and it is quickly becoming an obsession. Feel free to share any tips or point out anything I should change.
Looks great, well done!
 
Great looking tank, thanks for sharing!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new