Tank cloudy for a week please help

JACKS REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was on a trip with my family and I have always been having alage problems my tank is 1 year old and I came back to the water being very very cloudy. 1 week later and it is still cloudy all the coral sand fish seem to be doing fine. I added a UV sterilizer last night hoping that would help. Nitrates are 10 ppm phosphates 0.03 ppm. Somone please help me I am stuck right now I did a 15 gallon water change as well didn’t help. I have a yellow tang maybe that’s the problem to large of a fish for a small bacteria source. Also maybe the bacteria is dying somehow. I keep getting this alage film on the glass every two hours it regrows after I wipe it off with the magnet cleaner. I need some help ASAP.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Nigel35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of filter media are you running? It's possible that it isn't catching the junk. How big is your tank? My tank is cloudy after a week then after a water change it is like a crystal. The algae boom is definetly a factor to consider. Do you have a CUC?

OP
OP
JACKS REEF

JACKS REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of filter media are you running? It's possible that it isn't catching the junk. How big is your tank? My tank is cloudy after a week then after a water change it is like a crystal. The algae boom is definetly a factor to consider. Do you have a CUC?
Yes I have a clean up crew

OP
OP
JACKS REEF

JACKS REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running some carbon that’s all

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%
Back