Tank compatibility of Aiptasia eating creatures

dnprall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two clown fish, one watchman goby with a pistol shrimp, one scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp, one turbo snail, handful of other snails and hermit crabs.

I have some aiptasia. I've looked into options. Not interested in a file fish.

However, I have a concern, that if I try to add a creature, my current creatures will eat them.

1) Will peppermint shrimp get along with the goby/pistol shrimp? I don't know where the peppermint shrimp likes to hang out but I don't want it to interfere with these guys. The cleaner shrimp doesn't bother the goby/pistol.

2) If I get some nudibranches, will the doby/pistol/cleaner and more importantly the hermit crabs leave them alone to allow them to get established?

Thanks.

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One alternate suggestion for you. Look for Kuekenthali shrimp. They have been the best aiptasia controlling shrimp I’ve come across.
That’s the shrimp I have! It was sold as a peppermint and demolished my Aptasia in about a few hours and now he is just the crazy psychopath that bumps into fish in my tank until I need him to help with the other tanks. Definitely recommend.

OP
OP
D

dnprall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s the shrimp I have! It was sold as a peppermint and demolished my Aptasia in about a few hours and now he is just the crazy psychopath that bumps into fish in my tank until I need him to help with the other tanks. Definitely recommend.
Thanks :) I was able to get three peppermint shrimp from Biota. They took care of my aptasia pretty quickly :)

Back