Tank crash and dismantel...

cloakerpoked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been keeping this on RC, but I know some don't go there anymore....

Hey guys. My timer got bumped and I didn't realize it, so now pretty much everything in my tank is dead/dying i fear due to my kalkwasser reactor jumping my pH from 8.2 to 9.9 before I caught it. (I REALLY need to get a pH controller next time around). I've moved everything into my bowfront tank for now with powerheads and new water, but I'm not very optimistic about most of the SPS or LPS. Some of the zoas seem to be coming out, and believe it or not, the clams are still alive and actually seem to be in the least bad of shape of everything. Since I'm moving soon anyway, unless everything makes a miraculous comeback (and even probably then) I will be selling the following items shortly, and setting up a nano until I get into my new living arrangement....

Alright guys, here's an update. My zoas are all fine, and for some reason, the clams are behaving completely normally, so I think they will be as well. I'm going to keep my 72 bowfront that I just got and convert it into my DT for the time being. I'm definitely not giving up, just calling it quits on this system. As some of you could probably relate to, it will just never be the same, so I'd rather not pretend. It's my own fault for not thinking about this timer as being such a weak point in my system, but it obviously was. I've learned from it (to the tune of all my SPS gone probably) and will not make the same mistake twice. Here is what I am currently looking into selling, and it's backwards because I don't want to sell livestock that's not going to be any good

I have a 120 reef ready tank with dual overflows and the back drilled for a closed loop...2 inputs, 1 drain in the back. The tank has some scratching that I would consider to be somewhat major, although if you keep the tank clean, only 1 or 2 scratches are so distracting that they detract from the tank. It has a custom built canopy with 2x250 MH's in spider reflectors (bulbs are 14k, although one is still burning in, because it's literally a week old.) The ballasts are in separate electric boxes. It also has 2x110 VHO actinic supplimentation. The tank drains into a 30 gallon rubbermaid tub and is returned via a Mag 18 and Little Giant 1300gph pump. The pumps pump into a manifold system, which then puts water into the DT through 4 separate lines (5 nozzles) and a spraybar.

Price I'd like to get for the tank, stand (not enclosed or finished), canopy (finished), lights, ballasts, plumbing, and pumps is $700. I'm not firm on this price, so if you have an offer, feel free to float it my way.

I also have a 20 gallon tank that I used as a refugium and a 29 gallon tank I used as a frag tank. I'll sell them, with the stands I build for them (or they came with), and my 2 DJ powerstrips for $75 to the person who takes my tank. (The DJ powerstrips alone retail for $40 each) These tanks are drilled, and were run off the manifold system I built for my tank.
I would like to sell my 2 anenome's ASAP. I'm offering a 100% money back guarantee since I'm not sure they'll make it, although at least the sebea is still sticky, and makes me think he'll make it for sure. These guys are probably 16-20" in diameter, so make sure you have the space for them, and preferably a big skimmer in case they don't make it.

$25 sebea
$50 RBTA

Once I figure out what livestock makes it, I will begin listing it as well. Here's what I'll sell right now, just to make sure it goes to a good home...

$30--green 3" crocea (just bought it from Brandon)
$60--Blue 5-7" crocea (you can see it in some of my recent pics I posted under my tank thread.)

I'll be starting a build thread not too long from now for the new 72 gallon bowfront tank, so stay tuned...

Last edited by a moderator:

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to hear about your crash and good luck with your sell and move

OP
OP
cloakerpoked

cloakerpoked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, not right now, although they had been growing very fast, so I'll keep you in mind if/when I frag them again. Hopefully I get home tonight and they're still looking good.

bigmatt1992

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good luck on the rebuild cloak. sorry to hear about the tank now i see how easy it is to mess things up how did the timer get bumped or didnt it work?

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there. Where are you at? I'm interested in the clams. Do you have Pics?

Kevin

OP
OP
cloakerpoked

cloakerpoked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kevin. I sold one of the clams and the other one I'm keeping for now because of how well the rescue tank is doing. My RBTA split twice (due to the stress I'm guessing) so now I have 3, but 2 are pending and the other one I'm also thinking of keeping. Pretty much everything except a few paly rocks (normal green and red palys) and a 30+ mushroom rock of blue striped mushrooms has been sold. (that I'm selling.) Starting to build a platform for my 72 to sit on so that I have enough room directly underneath my tank to store all of my equipment (including a huge freakin chiller since my parent's current motto is something about saying "no" to A/C.)

IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_2076.jpg

Just as a reference in general, I live in the North Hills up Rte. 8 about 5 minutes north of the Seahorse.

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK. cool.....I live in West Deer so we're not that far.

Good luck with the 72.

Kevin

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.3%
Back