OP
OP
luke fortunato

luke fortunato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve read the api ammonia test kit regularly gives people a false reading of .25, that’s why I was wondering on the test kit and ammonia reading. Had to be something pretty drastic in such a large volume of water to affect things so quickly. Safe to say something in the water is really causing a detrimental effect to the corals. I would keep doing large water changes matching the params of the new water as close as possible to the tank water, especially alk and temp.

ok thank you

OP
OP
luke fortunato

luke fortunato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve read the api ammonia test kit regularly gives people a false reading of .25, that’s why I was wondering on the test kit and ammonia reading. Had to be something pretty drastic in such a large volume of water to affect things so quickly. Safe to say something in the water is really causing a detrimental effect to the corals. I would keep doing large water changes matching the params of the new water as close as possible to the tank water, especially alk and temp.

do you recommend any tester in particular

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you recommend any tester in particular
I would not sweat about having a better ammonia test kit. Spend it in a quality nitrate and phosphate kits Red Sea and Hanna ULR.
ammoniatest is just for emergencies at this point and it told you ammonia was present. It has been consumed by now.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back