Tank cycle

jonahc98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I’m on week 2 of my fish in cycle with nitrifying bacteria. How are my parameters looking?

IMG_7345.jpeg

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I’m on week 2 of my fish in cycle with nitrifying bacteria. How are my parameters looking?

IMG_7345.jpeg
Looks like progress, but slow. What bacteria product did you add?

ColorMeGone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No real reason the check Nitrates till Nitrites are gone. Then you should have a cycled tank and can check Nitrates. Just my way of doing things.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, Prime does nothing to reduce ammonia concentrations even though it claims to

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The ammonia is about 1 ppm according to my reading of your test, your nitrite is also elevated. The pH of the tank markedly affects the toxicity of ammonia - So that is a critical piece of information. What kind of fish did you add - and did you add anything else (besides the bacteria)?

Additionally, before worrying too much about the levels, I would take your water to a fish store, etc - that can double check your results.

Bottom line, my opinion - if the tests are proven to be 'true', since you have fish in the tank, I would consider a large water change. That will not slow down or 'stall' your cycle. If/when you do so, I would be a little careful to try to match the pH if you can.

ARE YOU USING LIVE FOOD TO NOURISH YOUR TANK? (TELL US WHY OR WHY NOT IN THE COMMENTS!)

• Yes, I'm using live food.

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No, I'm not using live food.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Not yet, but I want to.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No, and I don't have plans to use it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back