Tank Cycle

fixedwing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, let me start with a little back ground. I purchased 100lbs of Marcorock back in March and placed it, along with 10-15 lbs of clean live rock, into a brute container around March 15th. I also added a couple small bottles of bacteria along with a shrimp to keep the bacteria alive. Over the next few months I replaced the shrimp a couple times until I was ready to use the rock. I just setup my tank this past weekend and now I'm starting to wonder if I'll even have a true tank cycle. I threw in a quarantined chromis, raw shrimp and a seasoned bag of ceramic media that's been in my coral QT for over 6 weeks. In addition, I'm also using Brightwell Aquatics MicroBacter7 and hope to see some kind of moment in my ammonia levels. As of today, 4 days since water has been introduced, my ammonia still sits at zero. I'm sure there are plenty of people who have similar stories, so I'd like to know what to expect from a cycling point of view or will I even cycle since I cured my rock for so long?

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will not have a cycle. What you did was Fully Cure your rock prior to setting up your tank. You are good to go.

OP
OP
fixedwing

fixedwing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I was thinking. I did however have rock sitting out for about an hour as I was setting up the tank, surely Im past any knd of spike from any bacteria that died off, right?

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as the Rock didnt' dry out, your not going to have a problem.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your nitrates?

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
12g Nanoreef. Zooanthids, Ricordia, Star Polyps, Acans and two clownfish. CF Lighting, 75% actinic blue, 25% 10,000k white.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back