Tank for breeding snails

  • Thread starter Thread starter MNFish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2020
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
2,867
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some snails that are always producing babies, and once they get to a certain size I take some and put them into my other tanks. I am thinking about setting up another tank and was thinking about doing it specifically for raising snails....

I know in the long run it would probably just be cheaper to buy snails but think it might be fun to try, and although they produce babies I feel I coul get a lot more in a dedicated system for them.

Has anyone set something like this up before, or have any ideas what would be best?
 
I have some snails that are always producing babies, and once they get to a certain size I take some and put them into my other tanks. I am thinking about setting up another tank and was thinking about doing it specifically for raising snails....

I know in the long run it would probably just be cheaper to buy snails but think it might be fun to try, and although they produce babies I feel I coul get a lot more in a dedicated system for them.

Has anyone set something like this up before, or have any ideas what would be best?
The only suggestions I have would be to figure out what the snails need to reproduce (such as if they need a specific kind of phyto or something for the larvae to feed on), and to make sure the tank is safe for a bunch of tiny snails to live in (i.e. make sure they won't get killed by pumps or powerheads, stuck in filters, etc.).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new