tank help

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it’s been really frustrating these past few weeks i feel like i’ve been doing everything right and my tank doesn’t look the way it should, im not sure why like a third of my corals are fully out while some partially or just stay closed it’s been a challenge as well to get my nutrients down as well and i feel like ive done everything at this point before i get into a gfo reactor.

currently as of today my parameters:
phosphates: 0.44ppm
nitrate: 24.5ppm
calcium: 361ppm
magnesium:1230
alkalinity: 10.8dkh
temp: 78
ph: 7.1
salinity: 1.025

i’ve been dosing nopox for about 2 weeks, running chaeto in my refugium while doing weekly 15% water change with fritz rpm salt made from brs 6 stage rodi system. My tanks roughly 4 months old and i’ve recently got all new live rock so i’m not sure if that disturbed anything but even before my corals didn’t look the best and i’ve even lost a couple, favia, trumpet, enchianta and a frogspawn and probably a blue styllo on the way.

i’m using an AI prime 16hd with a pennywise dead light at 45% UV

IMG_1870.jpeg IMG_1869.jpeg IMG_1871.png

OP
OP
L

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was dosing reef for all and went crazy and had like over 500ppm calcium and 1660ppm magnesium so i decided to stop but after today ill start dosing it again to get that back in shape but im confused on the ph and how it’d get that low i’ve just never seen it under 8.0

as for my feeding i was doing a mix of mysis & brine shrimp cubes with mysis feast, i’ve been mixing it up recently with pellets to hope it won’t add to my phosphates and nitrates as much

OP
OP
L

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5ml per day and i assume you mean how i dose it i just put it directly in my tank in a high flow area.

paragrouper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was dosing reef for all and went crazy and had like over 500ppm calcium and 1660ppm magnesium so i decided to stop but after today ill start dosing it again to get that back in shape but im confused on the ph and how it’d get that low i’ve just never seen it under 8.0

as for my feeding i was doing a mix of mysis & brine shrimp cubes with mysis feast, i’ve been mixing it up recently with pellets to hope it won’t add to my phosphates and nitrates as much
I use All For Reef as well. Just restart (at a lower dose) And that should help. How’s your chaeto growing?

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5ml per day and i assume you mean how i dose it i just put it directly in my tank in a high flow area.
how big tank....
Don't dose directly into tank like that.....mix with tankwater in a container (at least 18floz) outside DT, and then add slowly.

OP
OP
L

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5ml per day and i assume you mean how i dose it i just put it directly in my tank in a high flow

I use All For Reef as well. Just restart (at a lower dose) And that should help. How’s your chaeto growing?
not good‍♂️ it was the size of almost a softball when i got it now it’s roughly the size of a golf ball now 4 days ago i started using the chaeto gro by brightwell aquatics 1.3ml daily to see if that helps.

OP
OP
L

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how big tank....
Don't dose directly into tank like that.....mix with tankwater in a container (at least 18floz) outside DT, and then add slowly.
it’s a 35 gal cube, and just curious what’s the difference with doing either, i have a dosing pump but the calibration is annoying and i’ve just haven’t gotten around to get it working

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the results of my dosing NoPox directly into DT...
If the undiluted "pure" fluid touchs corals,...they will die. Even in hi-flow areas:
IMG_2420small.jpg

OP
OP
L

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it wasn’t really my plan unfortunately.. I had a family member who’s tank had velvet and ended up giving me all of his corals i only really had like a zoa and mushroom around the time he gave me them, i have a qt tank setup just don’t have a light for it yet which if i did im not sure if i could move the corals over and take the bio load off my tank a bit?

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it’s a 35 gal cube, and just curious what’s the difference with doing either, i have a dosing pump but the calibration is annoying and i’ve just haven’t gotten around to get it working
I would half that dose and pre-mix in tank water before adding

OP
OP
L

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the results of my dosing NoPox directly into DT...
If the undiluted "pure" fluid touchs corals,...they will die. Even in hi-flow areas:
IMG_2420small.jpg
oh wow! I never knew this i do appreciate that as i just got a chalice id hate to see that happen

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not saying thats whats wrong with your tank....just saying be careful with NoPox....I lost all 3 monti's before I figured it out....
IMG_2076small.jpg

OP
OP
L

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah no ur correct ill start doing that for now on ive had a duncan thats skeleton kinda started to rip away idk if that was shock from me changing the lights or what you were saying so

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back