Tank is stabilizing :D

RacingTiger03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That means it's time to start looking at some hardy corals. I'm thinking some machine green/radioactive dragon eye zoa's to start off with. Looking at green's and blues for now. Does anyone have anything they would be willing to frag out cheap or looking to get rid of from the tank? I don't wanna tie up too much in corals until I get to the 6+ month mark aside from maybe a hammer showpiece that I've been eyeballing at bermuda...

OP
OP
R

RacingTiger03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, a couple more weeks down and parameters are staying stable, but I was seeing some cyano (very very little, just a few spots here and there B pen point size) and am getting a rather large amount of bryopsis. With all of that in mind, even though the params are testing good, obviously I'm having a problem with nitrates/phosphates. I was debating a reactor for media, but have since decided to try out carbon dosing on this tank. Since it's rather new, I won't have to worry too much about rock leaching phosphate that typically cause cyano outbreaks with it, but that MAY be where my algae problem is coming from! We'll see, I'm going to stick it out and go the vinegar route for now, maybe vodka later!

I can say at my top-off with 1.25ml of vinegar mixed in this morning the tank was noticeably more clear the next time I walked by :D (maybe 10 minutes later)

OP
OP
R

RacingTiger03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A weekend of picking up a frag here and there, and cleaning up some hair algae =.. now if those new astrea will just finish off whats left of my hair algae I'll be in good shape!
IMAG0097.jpg
IMAG0099.jpg
IMAG0100.jpg
IMAG0101.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back