Tank leveling help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shnetts
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shnetts

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2024
Messages
1,261
Reaction score
2,139
Location
Nowhere
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So as the title says I’m having some problems getting my tank level. I recently got a second hand tank and just set it up. During setup I made sure to level everything out before hand and all was well. But now that I’ve added all my rocks and sand I’ve noticed it’s not sitting level. I found out that it’s because of the leveling mat itself. It’s extremely compressed on the back side giving the tank a slight lean.

The tank is a IM lagoon 25 and in the display from to back there is about a 1/8 in difference in water height. Can anyone give me some input on how detrimental this is or some tips on how to safely get it level? Hopefully without completely emptying it to scrape off the old mat and replace it.
 
What kind of stand do you have ? You might be able to shim between the the floor and the stand in order to get the tank level
 
What kind of stand do you have ? You might be able to shim between the the floor and the stand in order to get the tank level
It’s the IM APS stand. I was thinking that I just thought it would create pressure points on the stand frame since it’s basically just a Totaly flat bottom
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new