Tank Log Software

Dylan Grech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently discovered aquaticlog.com and I like it a lot however I feel it's incomplete for my needs therefore in the coming months I shall start my own version.

I don't plan to be a competitor for aquaticlog nor a replacement but be more of a complete solution.

The current idea is to have support for:
  • Measurements
  • Livestock
  • Equipment
  • Maintenance
  • Cost Calculations
  • Gallery
  • etc...
But even more so I want to base my application around recomendations, feedback and data science. With this I mean rather than having hard limits of where parameters should be, the application would recognize patterns in dosing, common practices and general advice around the hobby and give feedback on what could cause problems.

An example of this would be:
If feeding 10 grams of food everyday for 2 clowns in a 20 gallon cube and corals are present it would show a warning that phosphates might rise quickly and corals could be affected. Measuring of phosphates regularly would be the recommendation and in future iteration of the software the app could also recommend running a dose of rowaphos to manage phosphate.

Apart from this since my day job revolves around data science I can apply from predictive & statistical models based on measurements entered to determine a score of stability. This score would then reflect the success of the tank and reward the hobbyist with freebies or some sort of reward system.

Last but not least I think an app like this could show manufactures how their products are being used and as a community could help develop better products for the hobby through the use of big data.

What do you think? Is it something that you would actively use or?

Thanks in advance for your feedback

Ponraj A

RIP Mr.Donovan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using Aquarimate and of all the above mentioned list of yours, it would be better to add with simultaneous testing results and dosing regimen of an parameter in the same chart. Which would be helpful for beginners like me to understand where we are standing !!!!!

OP
OP
Dylan Grech

Dylan Grech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using Aquarimate and of all the above mentioned list of yours, it would be better to add with simultaneous testing results and dosing regimen of an parameter in the same chart. Which would be helpful for beginners like me to understand where we are standing !!!!!

That's a great idea!

I'm actually working on something like that at work where we're building a sort of timeline to see how our marketing efforts affect revenue. I can apply the same logic to overlap dosing, livestock, feeding and measurements on a timeline so you could easily see how one thing affects another.

BigHildy53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. Integration with a mobile app, mainly for reminders.
  2. Similar to what was mentioned above, ability to mark that a CO2 scrubber was brought on-line x date and see the impact on the PH graph. ATS date x, effect on phosphates, nitrates. You get the point.
  3. I like to track what type of carbon or GFO I'm using.
  4. Track which type of test is being used for testing (Hanna Checker, API, Red Sea, etcetera).
  5. When making a log entry, be able to select certain attributes.
    1. Equipment
    2. Activity

divetoday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two thoughts: 1) the ability to create items I am tracking. In others words, the software doesn't have to be everything to everyone, just allow me to create the components that are on my tank (ATS, Skimmer, etc) instead of being forced to choose between the equipment the programmer thought I would need. 2) the ability to pull data from Apex Fusion so I don't have to re-enter information already being captured by my controller. Good luck with the project and let me know if you need any help with the graphics. BTW +1k to making sure it is mobile ready.

OP
OP
Dylan Grech

Dylan Grech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update.
  • Domain has been registered @ tank-ai.com
  • UX is planned out in my head
  • Servers have been purchased
  • The back-end framework to run the system is about 99% their
  • This weekend I will start on some HTML wireframes and should have some screenshots to share in a week or so

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back