Tank mates

  • Thread starter Thread starter Larry64
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Larry64

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2025
Messages
14
Reaction score
14
Location
St Clair
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 75 fish and rock going. At this time I have a bursa trigger and a Valentini puffer. Everything is going fine. What else can I have as tank mates, the trigger is small, and I know some day he will need a larger tank.
 
So I have a 75 fish and rock going. At this time I have a bursa trigger and a Valentini puffer. Everything is going fine. What else can I have as tank mates, the trigger is small, and I know some day he will need a larger tank.
My Busa and my Puffer. 75, lots of caves, 407 canister. It’s not a drilled tank. Growing mangrove in a holder.
 
The trigger is going to limit what you can have because it is a trigger that will be established versus added a trigger late in your stocking. Trigger will also get big and be able to eat many fish. You want fish that are semi-aggressive to aggressive to match your existing triggers

Wrasses:
- Lunar Wrasse (very aggressive but colorful)
- Red Coris Wrasse
- Dragon Wrasse
- Fivestripe wrasse

Hogfish
- Cuban Hogfish
- Spanish Hogfish

Large Angels
- Emperor Angelfish
- Passer's Angelfish (Will stand up to anyone)

Damsels
- Blue Velvet Damsel
- Garabalidi Damsel
- Domino Damsel
- Orangetail Blue Damsel

Dottybacks (larger ones)
- Splendid Dottyback
- Yellow Dottyback
- Mccullochi Dottyback
- Neon Dottyback

Clownfish (larger ones)
- Maroon Clown
- Tomato Clown
- Cinnamon Clown

Hawkfish (larger ones)
- Flame Hawk
- Arc Eye Hawk
- Freckled Hawk

Drums
- Hi-hat
 
My Busa and my Puffer. 75, lots of caves, 407 canister. It’s not a drilled tank. Growing mangrove in a holder.
That’s better. I had problems with the picture.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2703.jpeg
    IMG_2703.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 32

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new