Tank not cycling + strange bacteria bloom?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
someone, primarily jda but secondarily anyone, post me a link that shows a three week dr tim's fed cycle unable to carry whatever was initially stocked *from a thread you had posted in. we don't want you to google up a random fish dead post, that could be acclimation or disease errors unstated. let's see how often a claimant actually sees a nonfunctional cycle on the site, or any site, in threads they work.

I bet we dont see any examples of that. at three weeks after dosing bottle bac, all the examples I've seen (and can randomly search) all have living fish/no ammonia challenge.

do the big starting water change so you have less algae food in the water, refill with clean water and your system will carry fish. be sure and read the fish disease forum before you add any fish or they'll die because you skipped all quarantine and fallow preps, not due to the cycle.

one of the rules of updated cycling science involves visual growths in the system that have been given enough time to form (more than ten days here, growths are all over the walls and system we can see, those are benthic visual cues)

we can identify a cycled setup off those clues of growth in the system. it takes longer to get the things you can see as growths in the tank than it did for a basic control layer of ammonia controlling bacteria to deposit.

using visual benthic growth clues is new cycling science, and new terminology to cycling any way it's sliced.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%

Back