Tank not sitting level on carpet

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ash Tee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ash Tee

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2025
Messages
25
Reaction score
28
Location
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, so I’ve just got everything set up and filled the tank up with water.
My stand is on carpet and getting to the top water level I can see it’s un-even somewhere.
You can see from the pictures where it’s off. The highest point is the front right and the lower level is along the back. Think I’m ok here to get the pump and heater on to get things moving, then get some shims tomorrow to try even it out a bit or is it wise to drain down and wait?

IMG_5456.jpeg IMG_5457.jpeg IMG_5458.jpeg
 
Get the shims. Better to start out level than to hope it levels itself
 
It’s ok . Prob less than an 1/2 inch right?
I would have rinsed that sand.
 
It’s ok . Prob less than an 1/2 inch right?
I would have rinsed that sand.
Yeah roughly 1/4 inch difference from the front to back, I know mistake on my part, been in a huge rush today
 
👍
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 19.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new