Tank options for a 24" cube?

ectoaesthetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I've been looking for a -low iron- glass rimless 24" cube. So far the only one I see that is mass produced is the AquaMaxx (and that may not exist anymore either from what I can tell). But they are appear to still out there stores. After a long while of searching, I decided why not ask all the other folks out there who love cubes. Does anyone out there know of another option, or know someone who produces them at a really reasonable rate? I know the AquaMaxx goes for about $400.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Innovative Marines Nuvo black 40 comes in close at 24w x 20d... leaves 4" of room for an external overflow for a sump:)

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
crazy - i had the EXACT same question.

i was looking for something 24x24 L xW - height can be 20-24.

but cant find anything standard that is rimless and that i can drill in the back to get an external overflow done.

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

but cant find anything standard that is rimless and that i can drill in the back to get an external overflow done.
SCA 50 is 24x24x21 rimless but has internal overflow. You can contact them about doing a custom tank.

ReefNoobie88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Check out SCaquariums. Steve is a great guy and they sell an entire setup that’s PNP. Although I’d upgrade the return pump.

OP
OP
ectoaesthetics

ectoaesthetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys you all rock! I am looking for the same thing as @xaflatoonx . Looking for a true 24 cube (I love the looks of these) but with no internal overflow what-so-ever. Would be happy to drill and put in a ReefSynergy box so that I get all the room I can out of it (and so that flow across the back of the aquarium isn't an issue, as it is with a lot of cubes).

Contacting SCaquariums about a custom is not a bad idea, thank you for that (just sent them an email). I didn't' seize that they even did customs. I also contacted Tankmeusa out of Florida. I have a feeling they are going to be pricy, but their work looks absolutely phenomenal.

It also looks like Marineland also makes a frameless 24" cube. Not low iron... Has everyone ever played with one of these? How is the quality? I was pretty set on low iron but at $240 I can might be able to give a little.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ectoaesthetics

ectoaesthetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water box looks great! Reminds me of the Solana systems. Thank you for sharing. The tank and stand look amazing. Still really looking to avoid the in tank overflows though.

@xaflatoonx I contacted SCaquariums as @ReefNoobie88 and @Jimbo662 suggested. They were very prompt and professional. A 24x24x24 with 3 sides of low iron glass and a black background that is drill-able will run $595 shipped! Which is pretty good for a custom glass tank WITH shipping. They also said that if I were to send in the template they would be happy to drill the tank before shipping as well (which is tempting even for a DIY guy). I hear good things about their work, but have never seen it.

I also spoke with TankMeUSA and their 24x24x24 with glass overflow drilled for a bean-animal style system would run just over $1,000. Note that also includes the overflow and drilling for the overflow which does also help bring down the cost). This is definitely the most expensive option -however- I can absolutely say that their work is stunning -and includes a floating bottom, absolutely 0 overflow boxes in the tank, and some very thick low iron glass. Some of the sexiest tanks out there to say the least. They are literally some of the nicest reefs I've seen, even without anything in the tank.

Last edited:

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
much appreciated bud.

i couldnt agree more - tankmeusa is absolutely beautiful.
i actually got a quote from them for my DT which was about 72x36x24 - but "expensive" is right! lol

i am actually thinking of getting the cube from Crystal Dynamics. I dont have a quote from them yet - but i will update you once i get it.

ReefNoobie88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water box looks great! Reminds me of the Solana systems. Thank you for sharing. The tank and stand look amazing. Still really looking to avoid the in tank overflows though.

@xaflatoonx I contacted SCaquariums as @ReefNoobie88 and @Jimbo662 suggested. They were very prompt and professional. A 24x24x24 with 3 sides of low iron glass and a black background that is drill-able will run $595 shipped! Which is pretty good for a custom glass tank WITH shipping. They also said that if I were to send in the template they would be happy to drill the tank before shipping as well (which is tempting even for a DIY guy). I hear good things about their work, but have never seen it.

I also spoke with TankMeUSA and their 24x24x24 with glass overflow drilled for a bean-animal style system would run just over $1,000. Note that also includes the overflow and drilling for the overflow which does also help bring down the cost). This is definitely the most expensive option -however- I can absolutely say that their work is stunning -and includes a floating bottom, absolutely 0 overflow boxes in the tank, and some very thick low iron glass. Some of the sexiest tanks out there to say the least. They are literally some of the nicest reefs I've seen, even without anything in the tank.

24dbeaf159f2268f2091e4fddbfa5116.jpg

My 90g cube system from them. I’m actually about to get this beast wet for the first time! They actually make exquisite tanks. I do know the factory changed how they do overflows, so order one and have the factory drill it for your overflow. The overflows are three pieces, but they started using single acrylic and bending it. I thankfully was able to Check out my tank in person. No doubt they make gorgeous tanks, and for dang good prices. I’d suggest using a custom overflow is what I’m getting at.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought THIS setup on Wednesday, upgraded to solid oak cabinet and added on the overflow cover for a better deal than their site. I contacted Steve at SCA he's great to work with! I'll attach a pic of the stand I upgraded to.

rustic grey wash.jpg

ReefNoobie88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!! The entire ecotech setup from them. Stand looks clean too. Steve is awesome, mine finalllyyyy gets wet tonight!

Tankme USA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a deep blue 60 gal cube simply because I ran across an unbelievable deal on it. But I was looking at the aquamaxx before that mostly because I could put a synergy overflow in it and not have the giant overflow box like every other tank. I also don’t like the pnp systems I like to choose my own equipment. If it was me I’d go with the aquamaxx because build quality looks great from videos I’ve seen, and the price is right. My second choice would be SCA but I would have it drilled for the synergy overflow or other but definitely not the big box that comes in it. Maximize your space. My 2 cent

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back