tank placement- need your thoughts

smitten with ocean life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi everyone! i am hoping to move my tank into a different room. we have a huge room in the main part of the house that has a lot of windows and skylights. i was hoping to put the aquarium in the center of that room so that it can be viewed from all sides. whats making me hesitate is the natural light. ive heard both sides. what do you think?? it wont be next to a window or directly under a skylight. but it is a naturally light room. help me decide!

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as the tank gets no direct sunlight, I think you will be fine.

You may get a little more algae growth than normal, but other than that nothing else should really be affected.

Just make sure to have a good quality light(s).

newreef1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi everyone! i am hoping to move my tank into a different room. we have a huge room in the main part of the house that has a lot of windows and skylights. i was hoping to put the aquarium in the center of that room so that it can be viewed from all sides. whats making me hesitate is the natural light. ive heard both sides. what do you think?? it wont be next to a window or directly under a skylight. but it is a naturally light room. help me decide!
Agree. I have my tank in the middle, well lit room. I get algae but nothing a WC, finer filter socks and some chemipure wont clear. If you have a UV sterilizer you should be golden. As long as you stay on top of your tank maintenance/hygiene you shouldn’t have any problems.

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer the tank to be in a dimmer part of the room just for better viewing, not a big desk though .

benapilot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get lots of morning natural sunlight with no ill effects or nuisance algae growth!

image.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 61 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back