Tank placement and TV

Reefjnky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What makes you choose where to put your tank?

I eventually want to put a tank in my den but I think there would be a lot of glare into the tv if I put it behind the couch. I dont think next to or under the tv would be a good choice either but i'd like ideas. Noise if also always a consideration. I had my 40 breeder in my living room in an old apartment but it was in a wood stand that i dynamated because the sump was loud.

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 240gal (96"x24"x24") is behind our couch while our projector casts from above the tank to the opposite wall (~16 feet). There's no significant impact from the tank lights, a little bit of water trickling sound from the sump but that disappears once any sound is actually going.

OP
OP
Reefjnky

Reefjnky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 240gal (96"x24"x24") is behind our couch while our projector casts from above the tank to the opposite wall (~16 feet). There's no significant impact from the tank lights, a little bit of water trickling sound from the sump but that disappears once any sound is actually going.
thanks, that is exaclty the advise I was looking for.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 80G sits on a stand directly to the right of my TV. There might be 3 feet between them.

Even when watching loud movies, the surround sound(front speakers directly next to the tank) doesn't seem to effect the fish at all. I occasionally will hear a small trickle when my ATO kicks on, but thats it.

Maybe the fish are used to the booming bass?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 80G sits on a stand directly to the right of my TV. There might be 3 feet between them.

Even when watching loud movies, the surround sound(front speakers directly next to the tank) doesn't seem to effect the fish at all. I occasionally will hear a small trickle when my ATO kicks on, but thats it.

Maybe the fish are used to the booming bass?
This is literally my exact same set up (just not an 80g haha)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back