Tank raised/captive bred fish options and compatibility questions

Nuisance Algae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got an established 120 gallon RBTA dominated tank. Current fish are a pair of clowns, 4 engineer gobies, and a neon dotty back, all captive bred. In staying with captive bred fish, I am considering adding a rabbit fish and maybe a school of cardinals.

Would the new additions be a problem?

What would be the optimum number of cardinals?

Are the tank bred damsels worth taking a risk on? Some of the sites suggest that the species they carry are less aggressive and will even school.

Are there any other tank raised fish that would be compatible?

Any advice/opinions is appreciated. thanks

Tanglover1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got an established 120 gallon RBTA dominated tank. Current fish are a pair of clowns, 4 engineer gobies, and a neon dotty back, all captive bred. In staying with captive bred fish, I am considering adding a rabbit fish and maybe a school of cardinals.

Would the new additions be a problem?

What would be the optimum number of cardinals?

Are the tank bred damsels worth taking a risk on? Some of the sites suggest that the species they carry are less aggressive and will even school.

Are there any other tank raised fish that would be compatible?

Any advice/opinions is appreciated. thanks
U can add 2-4 cardinals but the problem is few of them will get kicked out so buy bounded pair or more which are already in a tank. Dottyback shows aggression to small fishes so keep an eye on that otherwise u will be fine. Some demsels r less aggressive so mainly depends on what species u r getting

What type of clownfish do u hv?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 61 33.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back