Tank Re-Scape

Greeni

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 15, 2012
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
Farmborough Heights N.S.W Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, posting up some photos before we re-scape. This tank has been running since November 2010, 5' x 2.5' x 2', 800litres (211 gallons approx) Purely a LPS/Softy tank as you can see but we'll be scaping the tank to accommodate SPS as well.












Cheers.
 
Amazing!!!! I'm having difficulties with adding softies and lps to my sps tank, it's just about actually pulling the trigger I see them like them then I don't know where is like to put them. Then I see yours and want too pull the trigger,, Just beautiful great job!!!!! I can't wait to see the new aqua scape
 
Awesome ! leave it alone and start a new tank . I got 3 tanks going now and thinking of doing another tank just with sps next year .
 
Last edited:
If it was my tank, I too, would leave it alone, man that's a beauty, you got it going just right, I would not touch it. Perfecto...
 
We need an update!!
 
wow this is amazing, it looks great. I really enjoy looking at healthy tanks!!!
 
So what were you thinking about with the rescape? I know your added in SPS, but did you have a certain flow, shape or rock work design in mind? Awesome tank BTW...
 
Hi everyone,here's some pics of the new scape.I have added plenty of SPS, i'm finding the tank hardend frags are doing better than the wild caught colonies, i've had my fair share of STN!

Before


after



Here's some other photos!
Newest addition Mystery wrasse







Thanks for looking!
 
Can you explain how you made the filter sock holder please
Jarred



Hi Jarred
it's a 2" PVC barrel union glued to a PVC flange.The PVC ring on the left,i had to machine to fit the filter socks,this clamps the filter sock to the PVC flange and pipework.The small pipe on top of the flange (on the left) is only a tell tale overflow when filters are blocked.I change them out twice a week.



they're nylon bolts holding it together.






HTH.
 
Very clean sump. do you have a refugium? I don't see it. Thanks for sharing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new