Tank running at 68

brycenelson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone my dumb self just got a new temperature controller and I calibrated to make sure everything was reading right and it was so I put it in my tank and my tank has been running at 68 for who knows how long. My old probe was reading 83 so I had been trying to cool it down. This is an example of why you should always calibrate probes often. Surprisingly nothing in the tank has seemed to mind the low temp I have had no deaths of fish or coral in this time frame which is astonishing judging by how it is 10 degrees colder than what it should be. I am now trying to slowly raise the temp back to the 78 point over the next couple days. I hope I don’t shock any of my fish. Wish me luck

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just to play devils advocate...why raise it to 78 if every thing is happy where it is?

OP
OP
B

brycenelson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to play devils advocate...why raise it to 78 if every thing is happy where it is?
I also lost a few monitpora frags about 2 months back and I couldn’t figure out why but now that I’m looking back it was probably the temperature.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back