Tank update

prince.aquatics

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2026
Messages
12
Reaction score
5
Location
uk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20260616_152756_E47B6AC4-B7C9-4AF0-ACDD-A55062987F4B.png


20260616_152756_52DBD205-4900-4A1E-870F-2300E2A578FE.png


Hello guys,

It’s been a while since I last posted here. I started with a 55-litre tank and upgraded to a 170-litre tank about two months later, which I think also triggered a new cycle. Everything seems to have fully cycled now.

I’ve had this Red Sea Max E-170 Gen 1 since February, and the tank has been doing well overall. However, I haven’t had any luck with leather corals—they always die shortly after I introduce them to the tank.

My rocks have turned very green lately, and at the moment my Kenya tree coral has shrunk significantly. My calcium is at 450 ppm and magnesium is at 1500 ppm. My KH was low, but I’ve recently started dosing kalkwasser to bring it back up.

I’m also thinking about converting the sump into a refugium. Would that be a good idea?

Any advice would be appreciated!
 
How are you acclimating your corals?
Light and settings?
Flow they are getting?
Nitrate and phosphate levels?
Alk level?
 
Light and settings? RedSea 90 blue at 80 and white at 15(runs 8 hours a day)
Flow they are getting? Flow is gently my wave on settings 5
Nitrate and phosphate levels? Phosphate 0 nitrate was 50 but been using arka nitrate remover
Alk level? Was 4 but got it to 8 with dosing
 
Looking good
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new