Tanks Upgrades - Biggest Stumbling Blocks?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bear22
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bear22

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2025
Messages
587
Reaction score
446
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,

I am considering moving from a 11 gallon nano to a 20 gallon nano. I'd like a few more corals and a few more fishies. At the same time, I can keep the same lighting, the same pumps, the same filtration, and the same cabinet by not making a large move (capacity-wise).

What were some of your biggest stumbling blocks and lessons learned (things you would do differently) from those who have swapped from one tank to another?

Cheers
 
I did this a couple months back, i transfered everything from a 3 gallon and 7 gallon into a im nuvo 20 gallon. I used new sand and a dash of old sand but the process was way smoother than i thought it would be. Hopefully this gives some encouragement for you! It was a couple hour process but well worth it.

Edit: i also used all the old equipment except im about to add another wavemaker soon to help with flow.
 
I also did a tank swap/upgrade back in Sept. My prior tank was a 56g with a 30g sump and I transferred to a 75g with a canister filter. I did the transfer in 1 day,,,,1 longgggg day! It went very well and the new tank is doing great.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new